Message 16 of 39
latest reply

Re: What Happened To eBay?

Nothing, business as usual.

Message 17 of 39
latest reply

stock performance

I'm not sure that the stock of a company, which is related to how people who make money by buying and selling stocks* feel about the stock, has anything to do with the actual performance of the company.

The dividends on eBay stock has been rising lately.

Holders got 80c in2022 and  $1.00 in 2023 if things continue.
https://investors.ebayinc.com/stock-information/Dividend-History/default.aspx

Amazon by comparison"
https://investors.ebayinc.com/stock-information/Dividend-History/default.aspx

*and some who collect dividends on the profits

Message 18 of 39
latest reply

Oops

Amazon by comparison:

Amazon by comparison;

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/AMZN/amazon/common-stock-dividends-paid

Message 19 of 39
latest reply

It is as useless as the plethora of YouTube videos saying you can get rich quick on eBay by dropshipping junk from China, or by reselling pallet-loads Amazon returns and deadstock, or by reselling knick-knacks donated to Goodwill.

-

Message 20 of 39
latest reply

ebay has mostly lost the war for commodity items and will likely never relive its glory days but in my opinion will remain viable for many more years, there are many things that you can buy and sell on ebay that are can not be sold on Amazon

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

Very true.

Message 22 of 39
latest reply

Real simple, ebays policys push sellers and buyers . away

And sales suffer.. they can morph into ford pinto ..

Doesn't mean they are real car.. 

They should gone back 10 to 15yrs ago..

No tax on shipping not tax on your purchases.

And better oversight on big sellers who might questionable.

Adapt, means there failing does not mean improvement..

Mean's more cooks in the kitchen

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

Actually, your numbers are not on track to increase judging from last month's sales.  FYI

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

If you have any good positive ones in mind that analyze ebay from an overall business viewpoint, I would like to watch it.  Post any you know of and would recommend.

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

What Happened To eBay?

It evolved with the times and constantly and still works very well for me. 

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

Ah yes another thread where the same old faces say that everything is fine.

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

Sadly most people (and even many eBay sellers) don't have any idea of what is really going on behind the curtains at eBay. It takes a lot of market research, statistics, analytics, and sales velocity to be able to pinpoint the changes in traffic patterns/algorithms/etc.

I wouldn't say anything in that video is very accurate or indicative of the real problems on eBay.

The true issue is the way eBay has manipulated algorithms in order to pad the income/stock reports as much as possible, at the expense of GMV/sales.

Sadly, it's such a deep topic to dive in to, and most people have a lot of skepticism unless they seen/experienced it themselves. But as a seller who has sold at the top and researched/monitored/worked with the top sellers for years, the decline of how well *serious sellers* can do on eBay has greatly diminished over the years.

Let me hit you with a raw fact: The top 10 seller market share is a fraction of what it was prior to 2018. And the sales value of the top 10 sellers in this category has dropped by more than 65% for ALL of the top 10 sellers.

EBay has created a huge bubble in padding income/stocks. Sure, increased marketing/ad fees will give some short term profits. But that won't last forever as GMV and sales decline. The bubble will burst eventually...

One part of me hopes it bursts soon, so eBay could focus on marketplace health again, as that would be best for all sellers. But whenever that does happen, the question becomes, will eBay even focus on the marketplace again? Or will they give up on the market and try to adapt to survive with a completely new strategy that sacrifices the marketplace?

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

I find this amusing ^^^^

The ONLY reply that is negative towards REGULAR responders get's Best Answer from @hachumi 

That pretty much sums it all up.........

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 29 of 39
latest reply

Rah-rah-rah...

Message 30 of 39
latest reply