cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly chat thread disappeared?

What happened to AC_Greens thread on today’s weekly chat? I was typing a response and the thread went poof.

I am really disturbed by the refusal to discuss seller protection in chargebacks. And I want to know why this was the answer to ittybitty’s question. What does that link have to do with her question about seller protection on a UA chargeback?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

23 REPLIES 23

It was a very frusterating thread for this week. Lots of nonanswers. The only upside to managed payments is it is going to drive away a subset of sellers who would otherwise compete with me, and thats not even really an upside I want.
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Guess they forgot to leave a breadcrumb for us saying it was moved !!!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Comments-on-the-Oct-24-Weekly-Chat-on-Managed-Payments/m-p/29...

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on my way to read the chat now, but I am disappointed that payment questions are so often deflected. I asked something last week in chat and was told to call the payments team. They didn't even say they would pass on my feedback.

They won't discuss much in print because they keep changing things - which I get - but in the process it feels like they're trying to shut down questions and discussions that will have a big impact on our business.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

I was disturbed as well.  They move the thread to a board I never new existed.  

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

I called the team a month ago asking about chargebacks and they will be handled the same as paypal handles them,but there will be very little need for a buyer to do a chargeback they just file a SNAD...

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Right. I get its a changing process, but businesses rely on stability in thier platforms. Heck I would like to rely on stabilty of how to sign in, they changed that on me again to add ads for both google (which, has a sales tab) and facebook (again, competeing sales features). Why? Just why?
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

I think a big plus to the new program will be no more UPID and the majority of folks will never know they sold a item and it just got abandon unless they happen to see it isn't in search for 12 to 48 hours...

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

Guess they forgot to leave a breadcrumb for us saying it was moved !!!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Comments-on-the-Oct-24-Weekly-Chat-on-Managed-Payments/m-p/29...

Thank you @labs118 ! Yes no bread crumb was left. I thought the post was removed. I typed out my reply and I hit the post button and got bounced to the weekly chat page and of course got an error message that the thread is “read only”. 

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

They thought you needed room for all that popcorn.
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm on my way to read the chat now, but I am disappointed that payment questions are so often deflected. I asked something last week in chat and was told to call the payments team. They didn't even say they would pass on my feedback.

They won't discuss much in print because they keep changing things - which I get - but in the process it feels like they're trying to shut down questions and discussions that will have a big impact on our business.

Well this chat was disappointing, no new information and they deflected several questions. They told someone to call the payments team again. I agree that with things changing, it affects what they can and will say but the refusal to discuss chargebacks and how the seller is impacted is just wrong. How can they expect sellers to opt into MP without a clear seller protection policy?

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

I called the team a month ago asking about chargebacks and they will be handled the same as paypal handles them,but there will be very little need for a buyer to do a chargeback they just file a SNAD...

Thank you bubbleman. Of course it’s only ebays opinion that there will be very little need for a chargeback right? Or is that your way of saying the seller will be refunding no matter what so the buyer won’t need to file a chargeback lol

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

And sorry for the duplicate thread everyone. I really thought the other one was removed entirely. I should have just looked at AC’s profile before starting a new thread—lesson learned!

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @missjen831!

We moved AC_Green's thread to the payments board because it concerned payments directly - it looks like the placeholder got pushed to the second page, sorry about that. 

Just to be clear: comments, questions and threads about payments are great, but we do want to make sure they stay on the Payments board (the Payments team views that board regularly, so we want to make sure they have an accurate idea of what questions/comments/concerns are coming up). 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 24
latest reply

ebays going to be double covering buyers they really should get out of one or the other...

Message 15 of 24
latest reply