cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We changed how we count and report listing page views.

I check out my listings tonight and the view has changed I used to tweeter sometime but the number wont change anymore, is tweeter no longer connect to ebay system?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: We changed how we count and report listing page views.

Yes, it does.  After you click share at the top of the listing, you have to select Twitter.  Or copy the link.

KrazzyKats  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1998

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I got the same popup.  IDK about "tweeter", but it looks like the views are now 30 day counts & are a hyperlink which takes you to a graph of the breakdown of views.  It's actually interesting for the couple I've looked at so far. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

i do that but nothing changed , practically only 4 people, look at my stuff?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I think this is a way for eBay to charge per click kind of arrangement. If the views generated by Twitter retweets cause a bump in best match, what is the point of using promoted listings? I think it's ebay's way of controlling thier market and your marketability.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hi

@cantonchick 

I got a little notice where they've changed it for sellers to see only 30 days of activity (views, watchers).  Mine also changed today. After the 30 days it starts over.  Etsy has also added this feature.  Don't really know why, but hey...their site.

Also, if you look at your page on the top right, you'll see a link there that reads "Share"...click on that link and all your social media links will appear.  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It really stinks. By clicking the number of views it pops up a "listing history page" that allows you to see other time periods but only up to 2 years. You can only view: 7 days, 30 days (default), 90 days, 6 months, 1 Year, 2 years.

~
CaptKirk42
Message 7 of 7
latest reply