cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch verification

I screwed up and sent the watch right to the buyer…now what?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Watch verification

try to intercept it if it has not been delivered.

USPS Package Intercept
For a fee, USPS Package Intercept® lets the sender or recipient stop delivery or redirect a package, letter, or flat that is not out for delivery or already delivered. Most domestic mailings with a tracking or extra services barcode are eligible for Package Intercept. You can only request a Package Intercept online.
How It Works
You can request that the destination Post Office hold the item for you or have it returned to sender.

Verify that your shipment is eligible for Package Intercept.
If eligible, you can submit your request online after logging in with your USPS.com account.
After submitting your request, you’ll be provided an estimated total (intercept fee plus estimated Priority Mail® postage, if applicable). We will then attempt to intercept and redirect the shipment.
If the shipment is intercepted, your credit card will be charged the $17.50 Package Intercept fee plus any applicable postage. If the actual postage is greater than estimated, any additional postage will be charged accordingly.
Your shipment will be redirected to the original sender or held at the local Post Office for pickup.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Watch verification

How did you have the buyer's address? I thought as soon a it was paid for the address changed to the authenticators?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Watch verification

@ssmi1869 

You need to ship to the address provided by eBay with the payment. From the looks of your listing, it should have been to the authenticator.   Were you contacted post sale to ship it to a different address?  Were you contacted post sale by your buyer?  or someone posing as your buyer? 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Watch verification

So confused...doesn't the item go to the authenticator(of eBay) and then to the buyer(of eBay) if it is purchased?

It doesn't go back to and forth to the authenticator as far as I know.

Very expensive piece...and I kinda think eBay had it when it got purchased and authenticated.

We are missing pieces of the true story.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Watch verification

How did you have the buyer's address?

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Watch verification

@ssmi1869 

@12345jamesstamps @ittybitnot looks like the OP has been chatting with the buyer and buyer doesn't want  authentication performed..

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Watch-verification/td-p/34372222

Yikes!

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Watch verification

@ssmi1869 wrote:

Start by reading the instructions for doing a package intercept on USPS.com here:

https://www.usps.com/manage/package-intercept.htm 

Realistically, I'm not optimistic of any success if it lands in the buyer's hands. Because they talked you into shipping to some address other than the one you received with the payment (I assume), they need only file an Item Not Received dispute to win a refund, as you will not be able to prove that you shipped to the authentication center (the Ship To: address for the transaction). Keep us updated please.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Watch verification

@ssmi1869 

@12345jamesstamps @ittybitnot looks like the OP has been chatting with the buyer and buyer doesn't want  authentication performed..

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Watch-verification/td-p/34372222

Yikes!

This has SCAM written all over it and for a $2.8K watch it's a big one.  

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Watch verification

So the buyer messaged you and in some order convinced you that you don't need to authenticate?

And so you shipped to the buyer instead of the authentication center?
If so, that is really bad news.

I don't even want to know how you got the buyer's address, that alone could trigger a separate turn of events to do with taking sales outside of ebay (even thou you're about to lose your money, you still stepped outside of ebay's protection scheme by not shipping to the address of record).

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Watch verification

Yikes -- I see that. A shame OP didn't take the advice offered on the prior post to send it to the authentication center.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Watch verification

@rockystradingpost wrote:

Yikes -- I see that. A shame OP didn't take the advice offered on the prior post to send it to the authentication center.

That advice was literally posted 8 minutes after the OP left the question...

Can't really get any faster than that!

I hope the OP comes back, although I suspect they will start a third thread...

Seen it before, must be people new to the boards, can't figure out how to access the old content so they post new thread... Which makes me wonder if they even read any of the replies.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Watch verification

@vitameatavegamom wrote:

That advice was literally posted 8 minutes after the OP left the question...

Can't really get any faster than that!

I hope the OP comes back, although I suspect they will start a third thread...

Seen it before, must be people new to the boards, can't figure out how to access the old content so they post new thread... Which makes me wonder if they even read any of the replies.

I often wonder the same thing. Although the OP has been on eBay a long time they are an infrequent seller, they don't accept returns, they bypassed the authentication process, the item is high dollar and probably high scam target material what could possibly go wrong. 

I would venture to guess that eBay puts the funds on hold. I am not sure of the buyers history, their location or if in fact they were the actual buyer or a seasoned scammer but there are way to many red flags regarding this transaction. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Watch verification

"I screwed up and sent the watch right to the buyer…now what?"

Now you learn a very expensive lesson.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Watch verification

@rockystradingpost wrote:

Yes. User error. Seller was forewarned.

Easy to see how this could work as a simple con. A scammer could send hundreds of messages on just-sold listings. Scammer says no authentication necessary, just ship directly to me (at my scam address.)

Most people wouldn't fall for it, but there are enough dupes out there to make it worthwhile. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply