cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORST PRODUCTION SINCE 2015

I have consistently done about $60,000 each year since I joined eBay in 2016.   I've seen a few slow periods but always seemed to level out.  THIS TIME -   WHAT'S UP ?   It's the worst.  No sales at all.  Few "Lookie Lou's" and it has been that way for months.  

What are the new owners doing ?   They're damned sure not minding the store or keeping up with trends for their search engine to compete.   I'm about done.  I' ve increased sales on ETSY 3 - 4 times in the past year.

Anyone know any other platforms that are similar ?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I don't know what is going on, But things are getting pretty pitiful!

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Looking back from February, you’ve had 33 sales. 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

No complaints here. Trucking right along

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I always remember the spring and summer slow down when I was selling full time. The weather is nice, people are out and about, not glued to their pcs, shopping on Ebay.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

No, there is something far worse going on. When was the last time eBay was selling their own gift cards for 15% off?

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@dolcetreasures wrote:

No, there is something far worse going on. When was the last time eBay was selling their own gift cards for 15% off?

@dolcetreasures 

They've been doing some variation of 15% off for years and years. Here's a promo from 2018 that you can still see on the eBay site: 

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0320/7019.html

Gift card discounts are even cheaper than direct promos, because studies have shown about 6% of gift card value goes unredeemed. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

While some folks are doing well, things are tough out there for most. Obviously categories and in demand items do play into that. I looked at your listings and they look great and would love to pick up a few of them but like others, money is tight for me. I would say hang in there as i do think things will get better. Hopefully sooner than later.

-Good Luck

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

If you are in a big city like me , FB market place is crushing it for me , local is great ... good luck 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@davestraub47   these types of complaints are very common.

do a google search for the other online platforms and u will find plenty to choose from since asking us to provide those names is against eBay policy and could get us in trouble.

good that etsy is doing well for u.

thanx for letting us know 😕

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

My simple take. You're selling cool stuff, I'm sure your prices are OK, but many people who would buy from you, just can't afford to spend that kind of money in the current economy. Even hardcore collectors became more hesitant. To make sales I'm forced to sell 25-30% more items for less to reach the previous sales level.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I seem to have very little trouble finding EXACT MATCH listings that are not showing up where they should be. 
It's not easy to reach your potential if you're not being seen when you should be seen.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@davestraub47 wrote:

What are the new owners doing ?   

New owners?

Uh...

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

You've got some really neat stuff listed which appeal to an ever decreasing number of buyer.

If you watch the stream of the OPRY on Saturday night, most of the performers have little in common with the artists you have photographs of.

I would like to own some of what you sell, but I have stopped buying for my collections, I am liquidating them. And I am not unique.

Even your items in other musical genres are saleable to buyers who are long in the tooth.

The chances of their selling are less every year.

You have a lot less competition on Etsy, so if there is a buyer there you might more easily snag one.

I hate my answer. I would love to say things will get better, but I doubt they will.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Sales are the worst ever and it's all ebay's fault.

What are they doing?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 15 of 22
latest reply