cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Ads on ebay pages

Okay the regular print ads on our ebay selling pages are one thing....

BUT these new VIDEO ADS are super ANNOYING, and DISTRACTING!

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Video Ads on ebay pages

Well good day gsn Smiley Happy
I must say haven't had a video ad yet, just checked a few of your listings & nothing is coming up.
Looked at some on mine nothing!!!

Are they on a single listing that you pull up?

Message 2 of 54
latest reply

Video Ads on ebay pages

I was looking for this topic!  Thought something was wrong with my computer when this phenomenon started late last night--but then realized its only happening when Im on ebay and I bring up an item on my watch list.  It doesn't happen all the time, sometimes I just get an ebay ad with no video, like I always have in the past.  But when the videos do come up they are extremely loud and distracting.  Scared me to death when I walked away while a page loaded last night.  Im pretty easy going, but this is driving me crazy!  These videos make shopping on ebay very distracting.

--Please don't shoot the messenger--
Message 3 of 54
latest reply

Video Ads on ebay pages

What browser are you using?
I am not seeing it I am using windows 10 with edge
Could it be malware?

Message 4 of 54
latest reply

Video Ads on ebay pages

Thank you for the suggestions--I did run my malware program (found nothing) .  No new video ads with any other sites-I checked many.  The videos only occur sometimes and only in the exact spot on the right side of the screen where ebay usually has a small ad.   I used 2 different computers and it happend on both.  I used Edge and Internet Explorere both with Windows 10.   It wouldnt surprise me to to find out Ebay is "trying something new"

Message 5 of 54
latest reply

Video Ads on ebay pages

Oh so won't those ad's be active content? if so can they be allowed come 2017 Smiley Happy
Sorry  malware didn't work. I will have to see if this starts popping up on me, for now it hasn't happened.
It may be something new, with ebay one never knows or a least we are always the last to know 

Message 6 of 54
latest reply

Video Ads on ebay pages

Hey labs, it is NOT malware... and it is very ANNOYING!

The video loads on the page you are on, to the right hand side where the ads show up...,it does not redirct you to another page...

The one that keeps cycling though is Jeniffer Garner advertising some airline ,or that miles thing related to an airlline credit card, I stopped it... SMH

Same thing happened to me walked away from the computer,and I was startled to hear some one talking ,and it was a video ad!

Message 7 of 54
latest reply

Video Ads on ebay pages

@labs118 wrote:

Oh so won't those ad's be active content? if so can they be allowed come 2017 Smiley Happy
Sorry  malware didn't work. I will have to see if this starts popping up on me, for now it hasn't happened.
It may be something new, with ebay one never knows or a least we are always the last to know 

I would think they are still allowed because they would not be confined to the sandbox that will be used for the item description section. That is the field which bans active content (ie: anything sellers can customize). The ads exist outside of that and would be different for web view vs mobile users.

I seriously hate these video ads. They slow down my browser and cause my computer to run hot, basically forcing me to stop what I'm doing until I get rid of them. I always X out of sites that use them. If eBay will be using them more that is a huge issue for me. 😞

P.S. Hi Labs! So nice to have you back. 🙂

Message 8 of 54
latest reply

Video Ads on ebay pages

@labs118 wrote:

I do NOT beleive active content will apply to ebay.....

It is NOT what is good for the goose is good for the gander re:ebay, they have shown many times what applies to ebay proper does NOT apply to ebay sellers...

Message 9 of 54
latest reply

Video Ads on ebay pages

A

d

b

l

o

c

k

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 10 of 54
latest reply

Video Ads on ebay pages

I'm getting the same thing. I had a few screens open while listing to research an item when I heard this video going - couldn't figure out where it was coming from. The same ad -again and again - finally clicked on an Ebay tab and there it was on the right hand side of the seller's listing.

I use windows 10 and edge - maybe I'm just the lucky one in a beta test - but this would definitely make me look elsewhere for my merchandise! Ebay isn't doing us any favors as I hate these type of ads on an page I visit.
Message 11 of 54
latest reply

Video Ads on ebay pages

Hi Pre
So you see the ad's also? Nope hasn't happened to me YET
as posted above do you all have adblock?

Message 12 of 54
latest reply

Video Ads on ebay pages

I do have AdBlock --but these ads dont seem to be a typical ad pop up.

Message 13 of 54
latest reply

Video Ads on ebay pages

Wierd thing....I am hearing the ads...audio only, can't tell where they are coming from at all....

Message 14 of 54
latest reply

Video Ads on ebay pages

@ittybitnot wrote:

Wierd thing....I am hearing the ads...audio only, can't tell where they are coming from at all....

Ditto. Think it has to do with my browser settings blocking certain content. Still slows it down nonetheless.

Message 15 of 54
latest reply