cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Ads on ebay pages

Okay the regular print ads on our ebay selling pages are one thing....

BUT these new VIDEO ADS are super ANNOYING, and DISTRACTING!

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Video Ads on ebay pages

It just happened to me and I couldn't turn it off, so I make sure to keep the computer volume down when a ebay page is open. Enhanced listing is a funny thing too; because seeing the same thing over and over makes it look that item is just growing on trees and not rare. If you couldn't laugh you would just have to cry.
Message 46 of 54
latest reply

@Anonymous

tyler@ebay

One more.

Anytime one of these posts come up, theose two Blues should be alerted.  They say it isn't supposed to be happening.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 47 of 54
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gsn13579 wrote:

Hi @gsn13579, can you give me a screenshot of what you are seeing with a URL to the page you see the add on? Is this on the search result page, within a specific listing or in multiple locations? I'm happy to look into this further if you can give me some details!

Message 48 of 54
latest reply

Knew I should have said something else.  The OP is an old one from last year, but the post just above is recent ...  #46

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 49 of 54
latest reply

been happening to me on my all selling page for the last 5 days. very bottom, 2 big square ads with HIGH VOLUME plugins running and NO way to get rid of it except close the ebay page. When they start playing it is when I am scrolling down my active listings and half way down my page and mouse is highjacked and zooms to the bottom of the page where the ads are. If I try scrolling back to top, the page is possesed and automatically kicks back down to the bottom under the 200 listings where the ads are. SUPER ANNOYING, I am getting fed up with this.

Message 50 of 54
latest reply

This thread is old, but the video ads are a current problem. The ads were on the my eBay active listings page. I experienced them while searching, too, either the search page or the item page I don't remember. US .com site. @shipscript

Message 51 of 54
latest reply

So, do what he asked above and include the screenshot and URL to the page with the problem.  If you don't want to do it here, send it to them via email.  You should be able to use the AskCommunity email address.

Message 52 of 54
latest reply

@gsn13579 wrote:

I suddenly started getting them about a month ago, but to the left of my selling account pages under the usual still and noiseless ads, opened on Firefox (iMac desktop). But I noticed my Buyers acct, opened on Safari, was not getting the ads, so I swithched my sellers acct to Safari and the ads stopped. Funny thing is, even tho I now open my Buyer's acct on Firefox, it has never had any of those super annoying ads, mine was of a car driving down the road with a lot of noise 😮

Message 53 of 54
latest reply

There's another thread about it with more people having the same issue https://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/ADS-INTERFERE-WTH-VIEWING/m-p/27642081#M236114
Message 54 of 54
latest reply