cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vero team on Drugs?

So I have a business account, everything was going great.. I get a Vero from motorola about me selling a Lenovo Laptop............  No thats not a typo.

and Ebay believes this crap?

1. motorola has NOTHING to do with Lenovo I checked

2. Why does ebay simply believe everyone??

3. Likely a competitor 

4. I actually have a resellers agreement with Lenovo

So Ebay is stating I need a Resellers agreement with motorola which I dont have because I dont sell any of their products...

sooo how the hell can ANOTHER company give me a Vero?? and why are they believed? Are drugs involved? Do people need to be wearing a helmet? 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Vero team on Drugs?

ohhh and I might also add this was a PERSONAL Laptop being sold on top of it 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@ant-723650 wrote:

and Ebay believes this crap?

eBay has absolutely no option when a Notice Of Copyright Infringement is submitted to them. If they do not comply they will be equally liable along with the seller in question.

If you dispute the infringement claim it's up to YOU to work it out with the company that filed the claim. Perhaps you can get Motorola to withdraw their claim or you can file a counter-notice if you are prepared to fight the claim.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/selling-policies/vero-policy?id=4349

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/ebay-for-business/verified-rights-owner-program#m17-1-tb1

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

"1. motorola has NOTHING to do with Lenovo I checked"

Where did you check?  Lenovo owns Motorola.  

Lenovo bets Motorola will be the third-biggest smartphone player in 3 years (cnbc.com)

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

From google:

Chinese personal computer giant Lenovo bought Motorola from Google for $2.9 billion in 2014 and has since allowed Motorola Mobility and Lenovo smartphones to co-exist.

My guess- your 'personal computer' was NOT listed as 'used' (but was listed as new?)...

either way, the 'rep' that watches over people selling Motorola and Lenovo are the same. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Yes, the Motorola Smartphones are owned by Lenovo.

I suspect your laptop listing contains words that infringe on a Motorola trademark.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

if if did, Ebay's A.I. did it lol

it is new I never used it.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

It would not surprise me if listing as NEW was your problem, unless you are an authorized Lenovo reseller.

It would also surprise me if a buyer, if you sold it, could register the warranty, which would make him question that it is new.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I never registered it so yes the buyer can.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Your take down notification message has a email address to take the matter up with Lenovo/Motorola directly.

If you can satisfy them, they will instruct ebay to reinstate your listing.

The same thing happened with me and Husqvarna.

Good luck!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@ant-723650 wrote:

I never registered it so yes the buyer can.

Unless they require proof of purchase from an authorized dealer to register.

And the warranty would start on the date of that receipt.

IMO it ain't new unless it has the full warranty.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I think maybe these laptops are sold basically to companies and where the companies give these to employees to use since they are part of the company. And re-selling company property is where maybe that is the problem where you can't sell it.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

yeah thats not the case!!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply