cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeRoed by NFL Properties LLC

My husband and I have been selling sports stuff on eBay for over 20 years - a lot of it vintage - NFL, NHL, NCAA, NASCAR, etc teams.  Today for the first time I had two items (strangely both NY Jets shirts) VeRoed by NFL Properties LLC as counterfeit - one of which was from Reebok - the other from Tim Tebow's days with the Jets with a NFL Team Apparel label.  Now I know there are a lot of so-called "counterfeit" items in the sports world, and I try to never mark anything as "officially licensed" in item specifics even if I am pretty sure it is.  So why, all of a sudden are these items being VeRoed??   Should I expect all my other NFL team items to suffer a similar fate in the near future??

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

You sell stuff that you’re “pretty sure” is officially licensed??? And you just leave out that claim if you’re not sure? And you’re wondering why you got hit with a VERO complaint?

i can’t think of a faster way to get permanently banned than to list NFL stuff that you’re not absolutely sure is genuine licensed merchandise.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I leave it out of ALL listings and have for 20 years as most of the items I sell are pre-owned (noted as such in my listings) and do not come with store tags.  There is no doubt in my mind that the two items just VeRoed are genuine licensed items according to their labels and quality.  They were not made by a flea market guy with a press or have Hanes or Gildan labels. 

Isn't it strange that only my New York Jets shirts were targeted by the NFL VeRo police and only since the Jets signed Aaron Rodgers?? 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I have no clue why but all the VERO emails always say counterfeit. That is actually not the problem. The problem is they do not want you selling their merchandise.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@uncseniorsportsfan wrote:

So why, all of a sudden are these items being VeRoed??  

If they are getting VERO'd, it is because someone working on behalf of the NFL has VERO'd them.

The NFL is the only one who knows why the NFL is doing that. But my guess would be that it is because the NFL thinks they are not officially licensed.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@uncseniorsportsfan 

Honestly,  the NFL does not play around, especially around Superbowl time.  They watch these shirt printing companies very closely as many of them do not get the nod from the NFL to print for them.  Don't relist them.  It would be a shame to jeopardize your long standing account that you've worked very hard to build.  

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@uncseniorsportsfan 

They were not made by a flea market guy with a press or have Hanes or Gildan labels.

Exactly.  

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I could understand that if I were selling new Aaron Rodgers merchandise,  but I only sell used or vintage items.   In these inflationary times many sports fans cannot afford NFL priced new merchandise.   Besides, does anyone really believe that the NFL is still selling Tim Tebow NY Jets shirts?? 

A while back ebay removed a vintage Shaq shirt that not only had the original manufacturer tag, but also the barcoded Kmart sales tag - also claimed it was "counterfeit", but provided no info as to who claimed it was.

Guess I'll re-open one on my non-ebay accounts. 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

An update - After several emails with NFL Properties LLC over the course of five days  - they agreed that my items were not counterfeits and notified ebay by email with the listing numbers that the items could be reinstated.  Of course, my listings which were completely removed from my account are still missing, and ebay has not acknowledged that they will or can be reinstated.   I hesitate to create new listings which might not be word for word from the original listings without some response from ebay. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

The vero emails would not say that they didn't want the op to sell their items because that it is not a valid VERO complaint.  If that is why it was filed  they are being dishonest when they are filed claim. 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Yup, that's probably why.   Its just so stupid they do this.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Massive abuse of the vero reporting system.  One day it will go to court and hopefully settled properly.  There needs to be penalties for lying abusers.  In everything, including this.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Call ebay and get them to lift the restrictions.  You are a customer to them as well.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Could you upload a picture of the item in question.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

The same day - a couple of hours after I got an email from ebay saying that my appeal had been approved - I got another email warning that the same two items had been veroed even though they were not even listed.  I did call ebay 10 days later before relisting the items and was told it was OK to list them although I did have to create new listings as they could not retrieve my original listings.

The more worrying thing is that I have not had a single sale on this account since the items were originally veroed  almost four weeks ago even though my appeal was approved 17 days ago.   In past years with Fathers Day in June - I usually have more sales on this account than my three others.  I did sell some sports collectibles this month, but in my books and paper account. 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply