cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variation Listings Renewed with Original Quantities - Showing 13,000 items available that were actua

Probably going to have to close my store for good. Have about 8,000 items, most of which were available in variation listings. The listings have apparently all renewed with original quantities showing customers that I now have 21,000 items up for sale. But those 13,000 additional items were all previously sold. This is the second time this has happened. A couple years ago it did this and I was running the store full time. I spent the time to fix it. Now, I'm working a full-time job and will have to just end all of the listings. Huge waste of time and money. 

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Variation Listings Renewed with Original Quantities - Showing 13,000 items available that were a

This just happened to me too.

Ebay needs to get on this to make sure this bug does not happen again!!

I found 4 listings that the quantities were all changed on, because I had 4 orders this morning for items that have been sold out for years!!

The customers are not happy when I tell them I don't have these items, they sold out years ago.

And there is no option to cancel the sale other than "out of stock" (which is the kiss of death and is not accurate since I did not have these items for sale), buyer canceled, or something wrong with the address.

There is no option for "eBay randomly changed the quantities available on my listings, and this item was already long sold out".

I found 4 listings with hundreds of quantities added to all variants in those listings. They were updated with original quantities from years ago. There was no rhyme or reason as to why those listings were affected. They had completely different time of of the month end/auto relist dates. Nothing in common, other than being variant listings.

I had to spend hours last night re-doing inventory on the hundreds of items in those listings and have no idea when/if this will happen again nor to what listings. Plus I have 4 upset customers who probably do not believe or understand that I did not actually have these items for sale.

GRRRRRR!!!!!

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Re: Variation Listings Renewed with Original Quantities - Showing 13,000 items available that were a

@bigskysell 

I would recommend that you cancel for out of stock. 

eBay staff suggests that you contact the defect team to file both the defect removal request and the tech ticket, since they can do both.

Appeal defects here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/seller-performance-overview/appeal-defect?id=4871

Provide this info for the tech ticket:

Incorrect available quantity shown in the listings (May 30, 2023)

Reference ID: ALERT14709

Provide Seller ID:
Provide Item Number(s):

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 17 of 28
latest reply

It causes a mess, for sure. I have learned that if you do "Sell Sililar" on your listings, it will pick up the ORIGINAL amount if you started with more than 1.  Sounds like it works the same on vacation. That's a shame. 

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

> It causes a mess, for sure. I have learned that if you do "Sell Sililar" on your listings, it will pick up the ORIGINAL amount if you started with more than 1.  Sounds like it works the same on vacation. That's a shame. 

I'm aware that doing a "Sell Similar" on a listing with variants will reset the quantities back to the original amounts. That is one of multiple reasons why I don't use the Sell Similar feature to jack around my listings. I leave them alone.

Since I posted, I found more messed up listings. Hundreds of items have been added to the inventory of my store. It randomly occurs to variant listings. This bug occurred once before. I've now had 5 customers in the last week purchase items that were sold out. It is pure HELL to deal with. I am now reduced to keeping track of the total number of items shown in the Seller Hub to see if  anything has been added since the last time I looked at it.

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

> I would recommend that you cancel for out of stock. 

eBay staff suggests that you contact the defect team to file both the defect removal request and the tech ticket, since they can do both.

Oh yeah, what could possibly go wrong?

Just reading those words assembled in that configuration literally makes my stomach sick.

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

Item specifics,shipping sizing and descriptions have also been on a random wrecking changing lane train the last few weeks.

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

I had to cancel 6 items recently...called ebay to have the defect removed(about my 4th call in the last few days b/c of the quantity issue).   Rep said to go into the seller help portal to request the removal.  20 minutes later, ALL were DENIED.  So now I have to call again and waste more time getting this straightened out.  I may not be demoted to in ratings just yet, but I can't help but think my items will drop in search queries bc of this while they remain on my account.  

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

@gametimeheat  

elizabeth@ebay  posted that we have to provide customer service with this Service Request # 14709 to have the defects removed, let them know it is a site wide issue

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Urg, I missed that message, and the rep I spoke with last didn't mention that.  I guess maybe they are automatically denied unless there's extra notes in the request, then a rep actually looks at.   Thank you for the heads up.  Have a great day!

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

@gametimeheat wrote:

Urg, I missed that message, and the rep I spoke with last didn't mention that.  I guess maybe they are automatically denied unless there's extra notes in the request, then a rep actually looks at.   Thank you for the heads up.  Have a great day!

Good morning @gametimeheat. I'm truly sorry you have to call back again and that agent did not take care of you the first time. All agents at this point should be fully aware of the site issue and there should be no issue with them assisting. However, I would recommend reaching out through our Facebook or Twitter customer support channels so they can get you taken care of! 

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 25 of 28
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

@downunder-61 wrote:

elizabeth@ebay 

Good morning @downunder-61. We're currently aware of a site wide Alert (14709) that is impacting sellers and are working to get this resolved quickly. Please reach out to customer service to be added to their ticket, as an SR Number is required that we cannot provide. This issue has been added to the tech board as well. 

You say "this issue has been added to the tech board as well."  However when I look at the tech board it says "Last updated 5/12/2023."  Go figure.

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

I believe the new world order dictates that you should blame this issue on "AI" although we may not be quite there, it is fast approaching and this may be a great opportunity to practice blaming everything software and hardware on "AI."

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

@somanypostcards wrote:

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

@downunder-61 wrote:

elizabeth@ebay 

Good morning @downunder-61. We're currently aware of a site wide Alert (14709) that is impacting sellers and are working to get this resolved quickly. Please reach out to customer service to be added to their ticket, as an SR Number is required that we cannot provide. This issue has been added to the tech board as well. 

You say "this issue has been added to the tech board as well."  However when I look at the tech board it says "Last updated 5/12/2023."  Go figure.

Hello @somanypostcards. The title not updating is supposed to be automatic and not manual, and something we're working to fix. However, the post was updated with the Alert the day I stated, which can be viewed when clicking into the thread.

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 28 of 28
latest reply