cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update notifications to watchers

Due to eBay's recent policy changes, I've tried listing a few things on another platform to see how they perform.  Not only have I been pleased with the sales, I've also noticed they do a much better job of notifying watchers when anything changes about a listed item i.e. price reduction, relisting, etc.  I tested it and watched one of my own items.  When the listing expired, I lowered the price and relisted it, but didn't receive any kind of notification as a watcher.  Furthermore, on my watched item list it simply showed the listing had ended - not that it had been reduced in price or relisted.  This seems like such simple technology - it surprises me that smaller platforms have this ability but eBay doesn't.  I would like it if my watchers were made aware when I relist and lower the price of an item they were watching.  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Update notifications to watchers

I can say that your watchers are made aware of any promotions, sales and price reductions in your listings. Not only that but I received a notification that an item I just viewed had the price lowered. I was not watching the item but researching price points for a similar item I plan to list.

Take note that buyers can and do opt out of the email notification program so they will not see any Ebay emails with changes to your items. And many do opt out because it often is inundating with all the emails sent.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@vonandron wrote:

. . .changes about a listed item i.e. price reduction, relisting, etc. Furthermore, on my watched item list it simply showed the listing had ended - not that it had been reduced in price or relisted.  This seems like such simple technology - it surprises me that smaller platforms have this ability but eBay doesn't.  I would like it if my watchers were made aware when I relist and lower the price of an item they were watching.  

@vonandron 

So, out of curiosity, I check my own communication preferences and discovered buyers can opt in/out of notification emails for:

• Watch alert
  • Watch item relisted
  • Price Reduced on Item

I just received a "Watch item relisted" notification email this morning. (Here's the subject line of my email: "(1) Relisted item: Paperproducts Designs (etc.)" I've also received a couple of "Price Reduced on Item" emails in the past. I also get a "Watched Item Reminder" in my notifications on eBay when an item I'm watching is about to expire.

I don't currently have any expired/relisted items on my watch list, but I sure thought there was an eBay "note" saying that the seller had relisted the item--because I always go in and update those myself.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I have not opted out of any notifications yet I received no notice that the item had been relisted or reduced in price.  It seems random.  There have been times that I've received a notice of a change in an item I viewed but didn't "watch", but there has been no notice of a change of watched items.  It seems inconsistent and a pretty easy way to help sellers.  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Perhaps sellers don't receive those notifications on their own listings--I don't know. All I'm saying that, as a buyer, the options to receive those notices are available, and I receive the notifications for the activities you presented.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Just out of curiosity, why would ebay notify you when you relist or lower the price of your item?  Or, did I read your post incorrectly?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

My apologies.  I missed that you had already presented the possibility.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

No worries. Better said twice than not at all.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply