cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two international buyers said they couldn’t pay for items

I sold two items today both separate transactions to international buyers (one Germany one Canada).  They both said they can’t pay for the items. Here’s the two sepatate messages- ebay won’t even let them pay. I have them both set up for GSP and not sure why they can’t pay??

“Now it quotes that you can’t receive payments...”

“It simply says seller cannot accept payments currently and does not give me an option to purchase.”

is it something on my end? I’ve never had this happen before .

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

To correct this problem, goto your Paypal desktop and click on “seller tools tab”.  Next, click on “Payments Preference” tab.  You’ll see choices to check or uncheck...Three of these need to be allowed in order to sell to international buyers.  1.  Allow foreign currencies.  2. Allow payments from non-US based Paypal accounts.  3.  Uncheck the 3rd box at the bottom that blocks payments from non-US Paypal accounts.  Thats it.  The payment(s) from international buyers will process after you complete these steps.

I hope this helps you; and believe me, I understand how frustrating this can be.  The same thing happened to me.

-Aaron

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

btw, nice name.  I’m a fan of the Joe Dirt movie...if that’s what your name is alluding to.    

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It may be legit, or it may not.  It is a common beginning to get the seller to e-mail and then the scam can begin.  Whatever you do, don't offer to take payment or messaging off ebay.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Could be because of shipping problems right now to/from a lot of countries. I suggest looking at your Payment/shipping window in the ad, mine have all been updated to countries that I can't sell or buy from. Without going to look right now, I am pretty sure Canada and Germany are on that list, so could be why they can't pay.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply