cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to sell A product. Just 1, but this system does not favor a beginner.

Something simple like free shipping vs not free shipping? 

Something else that is simple, being that I only want to ship to the lower 48. I don't want to lose money and ship this item for "free"

I have scanned for these options 5 times, and I cannot find anything relevant. Who designed it this way in 2024? I sold here regularly in 2003 and it was so much easier.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Trying to sell A product. Just 1, but this system does not favor a beginner.

I wonder why OP is not seeing this "Offer Free Shipping" option?

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Re: Trying to sell A product. Just 1, but this system does not favor a beginner.

Seems that there is more than one "listing form", and not everyone sees the same things without some clicking around.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@turnkeylocksmith 

Well, that gives you some more time to work on getting a listing set up the way you want everything. Can be "saved for later" as a "draft". Drafts generally remain for 75 days and can be tweaked along the way before listing.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

It seems like you're seeking information on the importance of offering free shipping versus charging for shipping, as well as the challenge of limiting shipping to specific regions like the lower 48 states in the U.S. Let's break it down:

1. Free Shipping vs. Paid Shipping:

• Offering free shipping has become a significant factor in e-commerce sales. Many consumers prefer free shipping because it simplifies the purchasing process and eliminates unexpected costs at checkout.
    • Studies have shown that free shipping can increase conversion rates and overall sales volume. Customers are more likely to complete a purchase if they know they won't have to pay extra for shipping.
    • However, offering free shipping can eat into profit margins, especially for smaller businesses. It's essential to carefully calculate shipping costs and consider whether absorbing those costs will be sustainable for your business model.
    • Some businesses opt for a compromise by offering free shipping above a certain order value threshold. This strategy encourages customers to spend more to qualify for free shipping while still covering some of the shipping costs.
Message 19 of 19
latest reply