cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to help a new seller and turns out I need help

Hi folks... I'm trying to help a new seller by checking out her listings and I can't find any of them even when I try to view just her items. She listed 10 items about 7-8 hours ago. Shouldn't her items show when I search her and click on "view items from this seller", even if they are slow in indexing? Seems like they would have indexed by now, though.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@hioctane62 wrote:

Hi folks... I'm trying to help a new seller by checking out her listings and I can't find any of them even when I try to view just her items. She listed 10 items about 7-8 hours ago. Shouldn't her items show when I search her and click on "view items from this seller", even if they are slow in indexing? Seems like they would have indexed by now, though.

They will only show if they match your search criteria.

As one example, if your search defaults to 'US Only' and the seller is outside the USA, you would not see any items until you selected 'Worldwide'. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

They probably should show...........ask her to send an item #.......or a link. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

When listing an item ,as per eBay, they disclose at the very bottom in tiny print: "Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours (up to 24 hours in some circumstances)" .  So,  you may have to wait longer than this 7 -8 hrs. to view these listings.  Also, may be unrelated, but I show 27 sales today ( all paid) but eBay is showing only a fraction of these in the seller hub for the past 8 hrs.  This leads me to believe the system is slow or yet another issue ( such as last week's international label debacle)  that won't be announced.  It's not you-- you are very kind to be helping this new seller-- Bravo!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I just searched one by item number and it brought back zero results also. I listed some items on my account at around the same time and I have no problems searching mine. I'm gonna have her end one of them and relist it and see if that one shows up in a little while.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

I just searched one by item number and it brought back zero results also. I listed some items on my account at around the same time and I have no problems searching mine. I'm gonna have her end one of them and relist it and see if that one shows up in a little while.

I'd let it ride til tomorrow.  If they are brand name/expensive/war it may be just taking longer to get thru since she's a new seller.  Since she's got an item number, it must be listed..........  I assume in US?.......most common reason other than above is excluding the country in which you live for shipping from what I've seen.......

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@sassykzt my seller hub is only showing a portion of  my sales as well. I'm curious as to what the issue is. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

They are all in the US and shipping to US only. All are 1700's-1800's ephemera in the collectibles>paper categories. We'll wait till tomorrow and see if they shake loose, just find it odd that they can't even be found by searching sellers items or even by item number.

Thanks for the input.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I imagine this another " bug" .  I am getting messages from buyers  ( I set  this up to receive  in real time) with a 3 hour delay.  Not the end of the world since most buyers are thrilled to receive same day response but still,  UGH!  Maybe they are tinkering with the system to update to the guaranteed delivery starting next month.  Who knows, but it's irritating to sellers considering our fees and lack of support ( sorry for the rant!)  As long as labels print. I'll stay sane!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

@hioctane62

What is she selling?  The reason I ask is that back when I was starting to sell fragrances, there was a big delay before my listings were searchable.  The reason was ebay was allowing VERO time to review my listings for potential violations since I was rather new at it.  They actually did that for a few months and then finally stopped without notice.

But if she isn't selling anything that may cause this, they should be searchable by now.  I know that the bottom of the listing pages say it may take up to 24 hours, but that is so rare.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 10
latest reply