cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triple Ugh

So I was signed in to my other account this morning and got the 10% ebay bucks coupon so purchased some stuff I needed to use it. Then signed in to my main account (this one) and got a Triple Thrill $15 off $75 coupon-which too late to use unless I buy/spend more. Posting in hopes of helping someone else!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Triple Ugh

What do you think other members such as yourself can help you with this?  Just as is normal for a coupon anywhere you go, they have a time frame and specifics on how or when the coupon can be used.  You simply missed your window of opportunity and/or didn't spend enough to use the coupon.  We can't change that for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Triple Ugh

From the op..

Posting in hopes of helping someone else!

I'm not sure why you seem to be offended by the op's post but I think the main reason for their post was to let others know about the promo. I don't see any suggestion that they are asking for help, they are relaying a story.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Triple Ugh

@mam98031 

I don't think that clear was asking for help; I think he was trying to help others by pointing out that there are (at least) two handy coupons being sent out to selected members, and reminding us to check all of our IDs for the best deal before impulsively going along with the first deal we open up.  He got two  coupons on to separate IDs and used the lesser one before opening up the one that would have saved him more money (apparently he spent more than $75 but less than $150)..

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Triple Ugh

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

From the op..

Posting in hopes of helping someone else!

I'm not sure why you seem to be offended by the op's post but I think the main reason for their post was to let others know about the promo. I don't see any suggestion that they are asking for help, they are relaying a story.

Wow!!  That is quite an assumption.  Not one shared by me for what that is worth.  Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Triple Ugh

What was my assumption? That you were offended?

I did assume that you were offended because in my opinion, your post to the op was fairly harsh.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Triple Ugh

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

What was my assumption? That you were offended?

I did assume that you were offended because in my opinion, your post to the op was fairly harsh.

That doesn't make is so, it means that was your opinion.  Since I am the author of that post, I actually know for a fact that this was not my feelings or intent when I posted.

Sometimes we can all use more care in the words we may choose to use!  

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Triple Ugh

Yes, I agree, both of us sometimes need to use more care in the words we choose. 

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Triple Ugh

@clearsphere wrote:

So I was signed in to my other account this morning and got the 10% ebay bucks coupon so purchased some stuff I needed to use it. Then signed in to my main account (this one) and got a Triple Thrill $15 off $75 coupon-which too late to use unless I buy/spend more. Posting in hopes of helping someone else!

Thanks, clearsphere! I appreciate the heads up. I was planning to use the 10% bucks coupon and didn't think to check another account for a better deal. I got the $15 off coupon on a different account. I've never seen eBay release a coupon like this- it can be used up to 3 times between now and 11/21.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Triple Ugh

You're welcome! I'm glad you saved some $, which was the intention of the op-in case that wasn't "clear" Smiley Wink I guess one solution for me would have been cancel the other purchases and re buy on this id-but knowing there would be fees charged to the sellers, I just couldn't do it! Not sure if I'll be buying more before the coupon expires-but it's definitely a good deal!

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Triple Ugh

@mam98031 wrote:

What do you think other members such as yourself can help you with this?  Just as is normal for a coupon anywhere you go, they have a time frame and specifics on how or when the coupon can be used.  You simply missed your window of opportunity and/or didn't spend enough to use the coupon.  We can't change that for you.

I think the OP was just venting.

Who among us hasn't bought something only to find it on sale a day later?

I know for sure I've bought stuff on ebay and then found an ebay bucks offer or coupon in my messages.

OP is most likely just kicking themselves as we all do.

But she/he was nice enough to post it so others know to check first.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Triple Ugh

Expiration was 11-21 but 11-19 when I have free time to browse. It's already invalid. 😞
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Triple Ugh

Same here. Received the email last night, but code isn't working. They really don't  have their act together anymore...

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Triple Ugh

@fred33103 wrote:

Same here. Received the email last night, but code isn't working. They really don't  have their act together anymore...

Did you activate it?

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Triple Ugh

I received the "TRIPLETHRILL" (good for $15 off each of three purchases minimum of $75) offer in my inbox yesterday too, said it was good through 11/21, activated it, and went to use it today. But the offer has disappeared from my inbox and was not good when I tried to apply it today. Not a triple thrill for me!

Message 15 of 23
latest reply