cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Sellers should get a A LOT more discount on selling fees

I have 100% positive feedback and am a Top Rated Seller . But I get no meaningful discount on the hefty fees ebay charges. I am far lower risk than the typical ebay seller. I also resolve issues on my own without needing to involve ebay support. But still I pay basically the same fees as everyone else. There is a tiny discount if I chose 1-day shipping and handling. But that is very hard for me since this is a side business outside my day job. So the tiny savings aren't worth the hassle.

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Top Rated Sellers should get a A LOT more discount on selling fees

@heckofagame He said he can't offer 1-day handling and 30 day returns because this is a side business.

And many sellers here are running side businesses.

The valid point is that sellers  -- big or small -- who don't use up eBay resources with claims and disputes should get a discount regardless of handling times and returns policies.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 14 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

If you are top rated and ship with 1 day and have 30-day free returns, you get a 10% discount on fees.

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

I'll go you one better..............they should get better placement and recognition...............

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

Every seller dreams or hopes of having to pay less fees. 

rosszonebricks_0-1714496914945.png

That said, any increase in discount you'd have to assume they would just make the requirements that much more difficult.

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

Top Rated Sellers should get a A LOT more discount on selling fees

Why? All it takes to be Top Rated is: 

• sell 100 items
  • sell $1000
  • don't sell items you can't deliver
  • quickly resolve disputes

Some would argue this is a pretty low bar.

Message 5 of 43
latest reply

This. OPs post screams entitlement 

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

@thisisall1word wrote:

I have 100% positive feedback and am a Top Rated Seller . But I get no meaningful discount on the hefty fees ebay charges. I am far lower risk than the typical ebay seller. I also resolve issues on my own without needing to involve ebay support. But still I pay basically the same fees as everyone else. There is a tiny discount if I chose 1-day shipping and handling. But that is very hard for me since this is a side business outside my day job. So the tiny savings aren't worth the hassle.

We used to but ebay said we demanded to burn our money in a pit called promoted listings and they listened.

...no seller ever demanded their discount get cut in half in order to pay for what we were already supposed to be getting.

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

You said "hefty fees".  Have you compared the fees Ebay charges vs other similar sites?  While Ebay isn't the cheapest, they my no means are the most expensive.  You also will always want to take into consideration the traffic on other sites.  Lower fees mean nothing if you aren't getting sales.

Like most things in life that offer a discount for this or that, it is a tiered structure.  The bigger the store level you have the higher the discount on the FVF is.  

You don't currently run enough listings to have any size store and make it work for you financially.  But as you grow, when you get to a Basic store level, that is when the discount level starts.  Then just keep growing to increase your store size so you move your discounts along.

As someone else has mentioned, since you are TRS, if you set some or all of your listings to have a 1 day handling time and a 30+ day free return policy, you can earn a 10% discount on the FVF for any sale from a listing that qualifies for TRS+.

It takes time to grow your business.  Good luck.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 43
latest reply

I agree with you.

Top rated sellers should get more discount.

I am going to continue wishing top rated sellers get more discount.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 9 of 43
latest reply

Being top rated is just basically doing what any seller should do, with a very modest sales level.

It is not a great achievement that should be highly rewarded.

TR is basically not much more than a gold star in kindergarten.

I have been a TRS for over 22 years. I sell. eBay sends me money. We're good.

ETA  for future readers.................... as I have been advised TRS has not been around that long,........................ but as per the dates provided down thread............I have been TRS since inception. It is not a great achievement or lofty goal.

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

@mam98031 

The same discounted fees apply to any Store level Basic, Premium or Anchor doesn't matter the discount is the same.

There are also a number of Categories where there is no discount at all for a Store. I almost exclusively list in Media,  Store or no Store the rates are exactly the same.

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

What makes you less risk then the typical seller?

You're not doing anything different then a lot of sellers that are not a TRS.

Have a great day
Message 12 of 43
latest reply

TRS /TRS+  hasn't been  around for 22 years   . It  was  started around 2010   .    so  TRS/ TRS +    has been  around on ebay for about 14 years.     

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

@heckofagame He said he can't offer 1-day handling and 30 day returns because this is a side business.

And many sellers here are running side businesses.

The valid point is that sellers  -- big or small -- who don't use up eBay resources with claims and disputes should get a discount regardless of handling times and returns policies.

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

This seller is Top-Rated Plus. Should this seller get a bigger discount?

heckofagame_0-1714506713187.png

Message 15 of 43
latest reply