cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Away: If I use Same or Next Day shipping, do I get dinged for allowing sales while I am away?

Still confused on Time Away settings. I include same or next day shipping in my listings. If I set my Time Away and select the option "Allow sales for up to 15 days while you’re away", am I penalized for not shipping on time?

Thanks for any input you can offer.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Time Away: If I use Same or Next Day shipping, do I get dinged for allowing sales while I am awa

Yes, you will be dinged for late shipments.

Better just to put your store in vacation mode, and NOT allow sales until you return.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Time Away: If I use Same or Next Day shipping, do I get dinged for allowing sales while I am awa

I agree with @1786davycrockett 

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would set time away and still allow sales.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yeah -- it has never made any sense to me either.  Several years ago, eBay "claimed" that they had updated the "time away" feature; but it still penalizes sellers for late shipments.  So how is that an "update"?

How's that leg comin' along?  Hangin' ten, yet?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I also do 1 day handling and am going away for vacation, if I change my handling time to 5 to 10 business days(Leaving on a Saturday and will be back the following Saturday) will I still be dinged? Just want to make sure if I change my handling time to that far out I won't get dinged. My friend said I should be fine since I will only be away for a week(5 business days) but want to make sure.

I don't want to get dinged

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It is supposed to adjust the handling/shipping date, but I don't trust it to happen. Also even if it does adjust there are buyers that still expect the item to show up in a day or 2. I allow no sales when on time away.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

We have used that feature numerous times and never got dinged. The date is moved out automatically. Unless something changed in the last 3 weeks. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi,  

We take a lot of long weekends. I use it several times a year.  If you add a day or two in the front and at the end of your away time.  That gives you time to mop up what happened before and get all your items that ended at the end. On your first day "Back" you can mail. And everything should be ok.  Also, I let me regular buyer know that we are going, what their last day to mail is. And when i will be mailing the next time.  Other buyer get the away message.  You can still be in contact on your phone, if you are some place with service. 

Hope that  helps. I know it get confusing

Penny.  

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 8 of 8
latest reply