cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is what I love about eBay

18 1/2 days - 100 views - 6 watchers - no offers - no emails - nothing but, silence.  Lots of interest but, apparently, no interest.  lol  December better prove to be an awesome month here!  Good luck to all.     🙂

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: This is what I love about eBay

@xray731 wrote:

I've seen a few Ebay commercials but have to say that Amazon has a winner with the singing boxes - that's one I'll remember along side the Budweiser Clydales and the Maxwell House Christmas one from years ago.

The singing boxes are great!!  That song gets stuck in your head.

Message 16 of 59
latest reply

OP, you're in Canada.  Buyers may be reluctant to order because of more expensive shipping, or because they consider Canada to be buying internationally, subject to customs and delays.

There is also the intermittent Canada Post strikes that have been occurring recently.

I have never seen a listing that said to wait for a confirmation email and invoice.  Most just pay through the pay now button on the already purchased listing.  Perhaps that has something to do with a lack of sales as well.  

Hope things pick up for you.

Message 17 of 59
latest reply

But the River commercials are so cute, and happy with their catcy tune and smiling boxes.

But I agree.  It is not the commercial if once the buyers get here the search engine stinks, items are not what they are looking for, prices are high, nothing on sale, no coupons.

Message 18 of 59
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

But the River commercials are so cute, and happy with their catcy tune and smiling boxes.

But I agree.  It is not the commercial if once the buyers get here the search engine stinks, items are not what they are looking for, prices are high, nothing on sale, no coupons.

With all due respect, Ebay has been running coupons and promotions frequently.  

Message 19 of 59
latest reply

Not looking to become a millionaire here.  I'd be happy if I could, consistently, sell between $50-100 a day.   🙂  This week, I'm avg. $10.  Am I being unreasonable in my dreams??  lol

Message 20 of 59
latest reply

I put that because I want people to wait for an invoice if they buy more than 1 listing then, pay separately.  Some do that & pay shipping on each instead of waiting for a combined inovice.  You get nailed on the 10% S/H for each when you won't be charging nearly as much.

Message 21 of 59
latest reply

OK between 18 to 36 grand per year. Now go to your sellers dashboard and click on see monthly breakdown. Add up the number of items sold for the last year and the last years total dollars. You end up with total number of items and total dollars. Now divide the total dollars by the total amount of items and you'll get your ASP or average selling price. Come back with that number and we'll move along to step three...

Message 22 of 59
latest reply

Hi Alan@eBay,
I have always used a red background to help my listings pop out. I heard that Google prefers solid white backgrounds and re-naming the image the item you are selling (example: Nikon 55-300mm Auto Focus Lens.jpg). Here is a listing I shot with white, eBay item 352531860750. Here is a listing with the red, eBay item 223262335181.
Like all the others who are experiencing decreased sales this year I am trying so hard to comply with the new search engine and algorithm. Thank you in advance for any tips.
Message 23 of 59
latest reply

IMHO, OP's pics look just fine to me.   I am biased to "real pictures" over highly professional pics since it tells me I am dealing with a real human being vs a big corporation or a drop shipper.

Message 24 of 59
latest reply

maybe average, clean up nice, enoughnot offen I remember a poster... you've been complaining a lot.

Reall I thinl Allen at ebay...pointed out what you should be think...Maybe your listed stink....

in a nice way....Just maybe there are issues you could improve....maybe price etc...but wording..etc....FRESHEN it up.

and maybe people are buying other stuff...no one said you will sell anything...the buyer looking decides that...right?...and you have some views ..watchers...

so,  it is like when out meeting women or men... Don't just complain, yes you a good looking , clean up nice, have a job and nice car....why do you not  meet anyone?...JUST maybe you've got B.O.  So time to give it a sniff check... 

Message 25 of 59
latest reply

People still watch television? With commercials?
Message 26 of 59
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

With all due respect, Ebay has been running coupons and promotions frequently.  

Selective coupons in certain categories.  And that 10% 4 hour coupon many missed.

In the real world, I am getting 30% 40% and 50% coupons to stores I shop in.  Good in the whole store.

Message 27 of 59
latest reply

How can you avoid commericals.

I watch a lot of cox on demand so I can see the show when I want to.  You cannot filter out commericals.

Message 28 of 59
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

How can you avoid commericals.

I watch a lot of cox on demand so I can see the show when I want to.  You cannot filter out commericals.

DVR.

Streaming services.

Message 29 of 59
latest reply

Too funny pburn!
Message 30 of 59
latest reply