cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is the kind of loser who buys on eBay

anotherebaydouchebag.jpg

Buyer purchased on the 22nd, I shipped on the 23rd. Tracking 1ZAC98200308797465. I guess a train derailment is somehow a seller's fault.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Report the message so it'll be on record if he negs you. Meanwhile, do NOT respond to messages. Also add the ID to your BBL.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

And eBay will let this **bleep** leave negative FB, which is why I have no incentive to be "professional" as most people here would suggest. I neither need nor want low quality buyers like this person, but eBay has them all.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I don't think that message violates any ebay policy.

It does violate common courtesy and common sense, but not ebay policy.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I added to BBL instantly. I did reply and really don't care. I don't need buyers like this and don't need eBay. When he leaves his idiotic feedback, I will reply with the tracking number and note that a train derailment is not a seller's fault.

It just gives me more ambition to continue selling as much as possible via other sites.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@sumsum70 wrote:

I added to BBL instantly. I did reply and really don't care. I don't need buyers like this and don't need eBay. When he leaves his idiotic feedback, I will reply with the tracking number and note that a train derailment is not a seller's fault.

It just gives me more ambition to continue selling as much as possible via other sites.

Why are you mad at ebay and are there not idiot buyers on other sites, or only ebay?

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Some sellers babysit their shipments, and would have noticed the delay and advised the customer of it and the reason. Not everyone does or can.

In any case, your in-kind response to this buyer was unprofessional, did not do anything to defuse the situation and made the likelihood of negative FB greater. Many buyers have come to expect responses like yours from Ebay sellers and decide to strike first when a problem occurs.

I often have to wait until I cool down before writing a response to a buyer.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Reach out to the customer and they will understand.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@ten_o_nine wrote:

Reach out to the customer and they will understand.

I think it's too late for that.

Did you read the OP's reply to the customer?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I'm not the seller who is going to be nice to someone like this. eBay's buyer-is-always right policies already give buyers the upper hand on everything, so I'm not going to be talked to like that without saying something back. 

And no, Hawaii, I don't have problems like this anywhere else. Local buyers don't run their mouths like people 3000 miles away think they can get away with.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@sumsum70 wrote:

And no, Hawaii, I don't have problems like this anywhere else. Local buyers don't run their mouths like people 3000 miles away think they can get away with.

Well i'm on your side.

That buyer is dumb and rude.

Certainly not ebay's fault though.

It almost sounds like you're mad at ebay.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

It is likely the buyer may have confused your order with another one they made that is a bit late.  Clearly the buyer has a limited vocabulary, but you are getting far to angry about this.  You are treating this like a personal transaction.  It just isn't.

What was the ETA for the package to them?  Is it late?  Or about on time?

If it arrives on time and the buyer leaves FB that says it wasn't, it is possible to get it removed because tracking proves it was on time.  At least you use to be able to do this.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I don't see any recent negative feedback. Was it removed or was never left by the buyer?

Even with success selling elsewhere, there is still money to be had here on eBay.  Good luck.

Posting ID
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

While not courteous, technically the seller did make a contract with the buyer to get an item to the buyer within a specified time frame. We do not know the buyers necessity for the item. But, in the end, still on the seller to ensure timely arrival of the purchase...

Message 14 of 14
latest reply