cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is nuts

I get up this morning thinking about the millions of things I need to get done and trying to figure out how I am going to have time to do everything

I go to ebay to check there first and I can't find my opening page.  Everything is different and I'm being forced to go through weird pages until ebay thinks I'm done.  And I can't figure out how to get it back the way I need it.  No "set as opening page" on the page I want to open with

WTH?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

This is nuts

You may be one of the unfortunate ones to be kicked into the Seller Hub whether you want it or not.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

This is nuts

@mixedbagmosaic

If you go to your account, find "subscriptions". At the bottom will be "US selling manager/seller hub". Click "opt out" to the far right, it will have you sign back in, verify that you want to opt out, and you can then get back to your old "myebay" page.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

This is nuts

Relief

I read this in another post and it WORKED!  Thanks

And it is not just me not liking change.  I'm finally divorcing my abusive alcoholic husband after 38 years so I can change....lol...this just isn't efficient.

People that go with the flow and just "get used to it" obviously have way more time than I do

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

This is nuts

@hioctane62 wrote:

@mixedbagmosaic

If you go to your account, find "subscriptions". At the bottom will be "US selling manager/seller hub". Click "opt out" to the far right, it will have you sign back in, verify that you want to opt out, and you can then get back to your old "myebay" page.

I woke up to this as well today.  Thanks for this info...BUT I can't even find where the Account info is to then get to subscriptions.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

This is nuts

@tml989 wrote:

@hioctane62 wrote:

@mixedbagmosaic

I woke up to this as well today.  Thanks for this info...BUT I can't even find where the Account info is to then get to subscriptions.

Go way up to the top of this page where you see your name and there is a dropdown list that includes Account Settings.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

This is nuts

BUT it was announced..it was told to all of us LOOOOOONG ago it was coming...

so maybe your mad because you didn't take it serious, and even try it when you could and opt back out.

it's here and we all will use it... just like any new windows that comes out or the newest smart phone, or countless things that change....

why?  BECAUSE!  (explained it all before, but that is a universal parent answer...and it is fact!)

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

This is nuts

@pingpong517 wrote:

BUT it was announced..it was told to all of us LOOOOOONG ago it was coming...

so maybe your mad because you didn't take it serious, and even try it when you could and opt back out.

it's here and we all will use it... just like any new windows that comes out or the newest smart phone, or countless things that change....

why?  BECAUSE!  (explained it all before, but that is a universal parent answer...and it is fact!)

I tried it as least 5 different times from the time it was first announced and just found it massive overkill for what I needed ... a huge waste of my monitor space with stuff I couldn't get rid of. Make the Growth tab just go away as I don't need it ever. Make the Marketing tab go away .. I don't need it ever.

At least I'm now back to Selling Manager for the time being.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

This is nuts

@mixedbagmosaic wrote:

Relief

And it is not just me not liking change.  I'm finally divorcing my abusive alcoholic husband after 38 years so I can change....lol...this just isn't efficient.

People that go with the flow and just "get used to it" obviously have way more time than I do

change is real work...accepting and not changing is not hard.... it probably hurts more but it is acceptance and rolling over ... but good for you to finely do it..i'm sure friend and family have hoped for that long ago.....

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

This is nuts

When this happened to me, there was a 'switch to classic view' button i clicked on and everything went back to 'old school' ebay. I have an iMac, so don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

This is nuts

@pingpong517 wrote:

@mixedbagmosaic wrote:

Relief

change is real work...accepting and not changing is not hard.... it probably hurts more but it is acceptance and rolling over ... but good for you to finely do it..i'm sure friend and family have hoped for that long ago.....

This change is NOT good. They took information that was consolidated on one page and spread it out all over the place, with a ton of wasted white space in between. I have no problem with change, as long as it's not for the WORSE.

As long as I can avoid the monstrosity known as "seller hub", I will.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

This is nuts

@readabouthorses wrote:

@tml989 wrote:

@hioctane62 wrote:

@mixedbagmosaic

Go way up to the top of this page where you see your name and there is a dropdown list that includes Account Settings.

There is no "opt out" choice.  Only cancel - but I think if i cancel I cancel Selling Manager also.  Here is a screenshot.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

This is nuts

@readabouthorses wrote:

@tml989 wrote:

@hioctane62 wrote:

@mixedbagmosaic

Ok found Subscriptions.  However, there is no "opt out" option.  Only cancel, but I believe this cancels Selling Manager Pro also.  Here's a screenshot.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

This is nuts

@tml989 wrote:

@readabouthorses wrote:

@tml989 wrote:

@hioctane62 wrote:

@mixedbagmosaic

Ok found Subscriptions.  However, there is no "opt out" option.  Only cancel, but I believe this cancels Selling Manager Pro also.  Here's a screenshot.

Yes, when I did that it did cancel Selling Manager and threw me into the old generic My Ebay. Then I had to go back into Subscriptions and resubscribe to Selling Manager and then my old Selling Manager came back again. I'm sure this should also work for Selling Manager Pro.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

This is nuts

"just like any new windows that comes out or the newest smart phone, "     Just wondering, did you also fall in love with Windows Vista?   We all know what a colossal failure that was for the folks up in Redmond, WA.  

The eBay "Seller Hub" is about 70% bloatware  cloaked in one of the absolute most unfriendly graphical user interfaces that I have seen in a very long time.  Whoever designed this, has very little knowledge about how the human brain processes visual information.

It strains the eyes and confuses the brain simultaneously.  There is  simply too much information presented in a somewhat helter-skelter manner...  often resulting in a significant lag between the time our eyes see the page and our brain can process the information on the page. 

In it's present layout , the new and improved  "seller hub"  can induce headaches and eyestrain period.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply