cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Seller board losing value as questions how to cheat, where to buy your items, etc., etc.

Awfully kind helpful Ebayers attempt to help but 

Most dealing with wannabes…

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: This Seller board losing value as questions how to cheat, where to buy your items, etc., etc.

sellers do have a choice and can ignore, not comment,etc...

Most of us learned by trial and error, from our mistakes,etc...many of today's wannabe sellers want it all handed to them, can't be bothered to do their own research or do any of the legwork,etc...

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: This Seller board losing value as questions how to cheat, where to buy your items, etc., etc.

I have actually learned quite a bit here.

As a one kid operation it is quicker to get an answer here.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

...many of today's wannabe sellers want it all handed to them, can't be bothered to do their own research or do any of the legwork,etc...

I consider these discussion boards a valid source of research, don't you? And I've seen plenty of long-time members--mentors, even--posting some questions that could easily be discovered via eBay help pages or keeping up with eBay's seller updates, so using the discussion boards for a reference source certainly isn't restricted to "today's wannabe sellers."

“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.” - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

OPs have been coming to the boards asking where to get items to sell and been told to do their own homework since the inception of the community.

A lot has changed, not often for the best, since the olden days but that has been a constant.

Now who else misses the block feature?

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I am not sure what is being asked on how to cheat, but asking about where sellers get their stuff is always something everyone wants to know.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I agree with @coolections 

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Yes, everyone may want to find out where other sellers source their inventory, but most sellers here took a long time and a lot of effort to find good sources.  Why would they want to share their knowledge (so painfully gained in some cases) with people who would then become their competitors?

It's one thing to ask what items are selling best (and we see that a lot with Sri Lankans) and quite another to ask a seller to share his sources.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply