cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Need of my pay pal email to make sure my buyer is covered!!!!

So im selling an item, and the possible buyer is prompting for my paypal email!

I thought that the info is already on my post, and if it is not why did i have to set up the pay pal account?

Please help...

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

He does not need your email for any reason. Payment will be handled through the listing. He is trying to scam you; do not respond. Longer explanation will be coming. Unfortunately you have jumped into the deep end of the scamming pool with your first listing being an $1150 laptop.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

He does not need your email address.

There is a scam where if you give it out you will get a bogus email from paypal saying the item was paid when it was not.

Do not give it out as the buyer does not need it to pay.

Just curious, but what the item you sold?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Could you explain more? Is this for the current auction, that hasn't sold yet? There is no reason for "possible" buyers to need your paypal email at this point. Once they win the auction they will get that in their notification from ebay. It sounds like someone is setting you up for some kind of scam.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Please do not send it - whatever the buyer needs to pay for the item is within the invoice.  Please, do not send it - it may not end well especially for the item that you sold.

Check your PP account to make sure the money for the item and shipping is there, use Signature Confirmation and send it to the address in PP.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

A laptop.  That makes sense.

OP, make sure you go into your paypal account to verify the money is in there and it is OK to ship.

Never rely on emails.

If he does not pay in 2 days, issue non payment and close after 4.  And block him.

It would be the best scenario.

If you relist it again, do immediate payment required US only.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

The buyer is trying to scam you. He wants to send you a FAKE paypal email to trick you into thinking he paid. A legit buyer never needs any info from you to pay, they simply click "pay now" on the listing, log into paypal and pay.

Put the scammer on your blocked bidder list NOW! Go here http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

Always log into paypal and make sure you have been paid! Do not rely on what ebay says, do not rely on emails!

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@robinste958224

NEVER EVER GIVE OUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION !!!!!!

No one needs your email address.

No one needs you to text them.

If they want more pictures.... put them in the listing.

You are being set up for a scam, and a fake "You have been paid email".

Or a really good fake PP email, "you will be paid when it shows delivery"

Selling high end electronics, you have "scam me" on your back.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

A laptop.  That makes sense.

I'm sorry, that was my mistake; I should have been looking at this on a better monitor... It's actually an in-progress auction for a 27" iMac. The lead bidder, zero feedback, presumably the one who wrote to the Original Poster, is bidding in two auctions, this one and another over in the PC Laptops and Netbooks area.

I don't see much of any chance for this to end well. A scammer will snipe the auction at the end for some ludicrous price, then go into one of several possible scam routines: a fake payment notification ("Buyer is approved! You must ship and upload tracking before funds will be deposited in your account." etc.), a fake cashier's check, a damage claim ("The computer arrived with a big crack in it! I want a refund! I cannot send any photos!"), or an empty box claim, just to name a few.

Please update us here on the progress of your auction, especially at the end, because it is doubtful that you will find an honest buyer, due to your choice of auction format rather than a fixed BuyItNow price. It leaves the door wide open for a snipe scammer to bid, say, $10,000 for it in the last three seconds of the auction, and then try to get it from you without a real payment. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@robinste958224 wrote:

So im selling an item, and the possible buyer is prompting for my paypal email!

I thought that the info is already on my post, and if it is not why did i have to set up the pay pal account?

Please help...

You are a SCAM MAGNET.

Selling a laptop under a new ID makes you ripe for the picking!

Please do yourself a big favor and go cancel the bids on the item from your zero feedback bidder.  Do it NOW!

If you don't, you will lose the laptop and your money.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@robinste958224 wrote:

Please help...

@robinste958224: Please post a reply here, just so we know that you're seeing our help.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Thank you.

Got it

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

SCAMMER, BLOCK NOW

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@robinste958224 wrote:

Thank you.

Got it

@robinste958224

I repeat: Go cancel those bids on the item from your zero feedback bidder.  Do it NOW!

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I see that. I just may need to save the item.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply