cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Cliff that is my November 2023

Good thing I didn't put a deposit on that pool for the back yard (just watched Christmas Vacation...)
2023-2024-ebay.png

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Worst November I have seen on ebay. I see no advertising on TV or Radio

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@georgejedson ,

You must not be listening and watching the same things I have. I have seen and heard plenty of ads for ebay during sporting events and sports related related radio stations. They have been advertising shoes, collectibles, jewelry, handbags, refurbished electronics, certified items, and others.   

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@jettshutt wrote:

Good thing I didn't put a deposit on that pool for the back yard (just watched Christmas Vacation...)

But your sales can only go up from here. You're going to have the "Hap Hap Happiest Christmas" yet !!! 😅

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Ugh! Me too. Not even worth my time right now to list new items. Bleh!

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I listen to a German radio program on AM radio every Sunday morning and I noticed that they had an eBay ad which was nice to hear.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

At least you had a good June!  You live in Florida. You should be on the beach chilling or metal detecting. 🙂

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Haha, Hubby's favorite Christmas movie! Clarks rants and the pool scene are His favorites.

We understand, paying for college and then a wedding in 2024. So, sales mean a lot right now.  We all just keep plugging along. 🤗

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Hopefully it gets better....

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

It's the gift that keeps on giving year round 😂

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

While I have only heard and seen a couple of Ebay ads, they were all worded to push buying from their certified refurbished sellers and new items. With a sort of oh and we have other stuff too.
It feels like Ebay is moving more and more to not wanting to be known as the place you go to to buy things from individuals, instead shifting to pushing their larger corporate sellers.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Many sellers would be very excited to get as many sales as the OP gets, even in what they have determined to be a bad month.  

It is always a mixed bag.  Some sellers do fine, others do great and still others are simply not having a good month.  You will never find a time that All sellers are having the same level of sales.  If you are looking for that, you will be forever disappointed.

You might consider running a Markdown manager sale, issue coupons or doing something else to bring in more buyers.  Whatever works for you.  

Good luck to everyone and Happy Holidays.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

The "radio"??? LOL!
Yeah....that will reach the target audience, won't it?
Maybe a few newspaper ads will also work??
Or how about they fly a plane around dragging an eBay banner behind it?

NOTHING works better than advertising on TV.
And nothing can match it when it comes to the number of potential customers you can reach.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I listen to the radio every time I drive anywhere.

With all the different streaming services, regular TV is getting less and less popular.  To reach younger folks, you have to think outside the old box.

There are different modes of advertising for different age groups you are trying to target.  The world is always changing and so has the way we need to advertise.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 14
latest reply