cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxes and 1099's

I've sold on ebay for years...over a decade, I have a 1099 from paypal like always on time, nothing from ebay except a message that I haven't sold enough for me to get a 1099 from them?
So THEY switch the payment system in the middle of the year, they change everything on us and paypal can do it's job but ebay can't? The total amount of my sales is over the cut off amount together, 2020 is a whole year and the IRS doesn't care if ebay decided to change things in the middle of the year, where is my 1099 form? I have to add them together.
Managed payments were supposed to save us money and it seems that it really doesn't now the % of my sales taken out for selling fees has miraculously gone up now paypal is in the rear view. It seems actually that I am paying more to be honest.
All I want is my 1099 so I can file my taxes for the whole year.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Taxes and 1099's

So, what can I do, if I sold over 35,000 worth and over 200, My taxes also say, Not enough sold for taxes. What can I do?  I have no idea now. 

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

Hi Folks; i haven t received any 1099 from Ebay as yet. I am not in MP but sold well over 20k/200 sells.  anyone else having this issue? and ive tried looking on paypal or ebay for copies(cant find links).  Please help if possible.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

@1richdoug wrote:

Hi Folks; i haven t received any 1099 from Ebay as yet. I am not in MP but sold well over 20k/200 sells.  anyone else having this issue? and ive tried looking on paypal or ebay for copies(cant find links).  Please help if possible.

If you're not in MP, you get your 1099 from PayPal, not from eBay. eBay's payment processor isn't handling your money, so logically they wouldn't be sending you a tax document.

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

@1richdoug wrote:

As noted, your 1099-K would be issued by PayPal because they processed your payments.  On the opening page of your PayPal account, scroll to the bottom to see the link for "Tax documents and other reports."

Message 34 of 34
latest reply