cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking great photos of selling item

I don't have a professional studio to take photographs of my selling items. I'm going to use a white background and table lamps. According to your past experiences, are there more tips to increase the quality of my photos? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Taking great photos of selling item

this guy has some good videos

DIY Product Photos - Easy, Cheap and Good-looking

https://youtu.be/Eb3sSJTF5Og

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

this guy has some good videos

DIY Product Photos - Easy, Cheap and Good-looking

https://youtu.be/Eb3sSJTF5Og

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I asked my brother, a professional photographer, what sort of lighting I should have for my eBay pictures.

His answer - a good photo editing program.

I did discover that not only did I need a white background, I also need to wear a white blouse.  Somehow, when I wore other colors, that color would tint my pictures.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Keep all shadows out of the pictures and do not include your toes or hands.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for your support.i highly appreciate it.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

thank you very much for share your experiences with me .i appreciate your kindness

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for your guidance.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Many computers today come with a built in photo editing package. My iPad Pro has a terrific photo editor and I use my IPEN to do touch ups on colors and remove backgrounds etc. If you do not have one on your computer download some photo editing software apps.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the helpful advice

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Use a camera, not your telephone/smartphone.  Know how to use the camera.  Use a tripod for a steady shot, not just handheld.  Take your time and pay attention to what you are doing and how you are doing it.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I take mine with my phone.  The cameras on phones have come a long way over the years.  I use to have a very expensive camera for photos, but not anymore.  My phone works great.

You must however position them well and in good light.  No shadows.  Close up for details that are needed to disclose whether it is to note a defect or something extra special about the item you are selling.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Cant believe this guy didn't show up in my YouTube searches.  Thank you so much!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply