cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRS and TRS+ Not Showing On Listings

I lost TRS and TRS+ due to one bad shipment, but gained the TRS back in a month on April 20 per my metrics. I don't see a shield on my listings or in my store. Is it normal to have a delay in displaying the TRS/TRS+ badges, or am I somehow looking in the wrong places?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

I see the TRS+ on the first page of your "See Other Items" on all your listings.....

and the 2nd page.....

and the 3rd page......

and the 4th page....

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

I don't think it's possible to lose TRS due to 1 bad transaction.

That transaction might have set you over the edge, but it wasn't from it only.

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

That seems strange but it's good that it is there. Thanks for checking!

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Sorry, I wasn't perfectly clear - I had about 6 transactions (postcards) in one package.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

I don't think it's possible to lose TRS due to 1 bad transaction.

That transaction might have set you over the edge, but it wasn't from it only.

You are absolutely correct.  No one transaction can cause the loss of TRS.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

@kds99 wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't perfectly clear - I had about 6 transactions (postcards) in one package.

That still would not have cause it unless there were other problematic transactions too because that was ONE buyer for those 6 transactions.  Ebay doesn't allow one buyer to cause that much havoc on a seller.

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

I didn't lose it due to buyer havoc, but due to the lack of a tracking number. In this case the same tracking number 6 times, one for each transaction (order).

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

@kds99 wrote:

I didn't lose it due to buyer havoc, but due to the lack of a tracking number. In this case the same tracking number 6 times, one for each transaction (order).

it wouldn't matter if the buyer purchased 25 items from you.  In the evaluation of the stats, a single buyer even with 25 transactions is counted ONCE.

Fabric Revolutions – small business

Fabric Revolutions is a popular handcraft store on eBay with a lot of loyal customers. One day the manager found a damaged bolt of fabric but didn't get a chance to update their listing until the following day. In the meantime, two buyers had bought from the listing. One was the coordinator of a virtual sewing club, so they had placed multiple orders to be sent separately to each of their participants.

Evaluation period

3 months (1,000 transactions)

Cases closed without seller resolution

This is less than 2, and less than 0.3% of transactions.

Transaction defect rate

• 25 transactions canceled for being out of stock
  • 0 cases closed without seller resolution

2.5%
(25 of 1,000 transactions)

Unique buyers: 2

Although this is more than 2% of transactions, it doesn't affect the seller rating because there are fewer than 4 buyers involved.

Late shipment rate

0.8%
(8 of 1,000 transactions)

There are no minimum requirements for late shipment rate.

Seller level

Above Standard

Fair evaluation, seller protections and appeals

Our seller standards are in place to protect the interests of all users, and our evaluations are intended to look at your performance as a whole. We don't want your seller level to be skewed by just one unfortunate transaction or difficult buyer, and we want you to be able to focus on providing great service to trustworthy, reliable customers.

Fair evaluation

To evaluate your overall performance as accurately and fairly as possible:

• We adjust the evaluation period according to how much you sell to make sure we're getting a fair sample (see How we calculate your seller level)
  • We only count transactions where the buyer has paid
  • There can only be one defect per transaction
  • For your transaction defect and late shipment rates, we take into account how many unique buyers are involved

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-standards-policy?id=4347

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

No I can't see the Buyer TRS badge on the listings.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

@best-deal-supplies 

Looking at some of your merchandise & feedback,  a lot of it may not be able to be sold in other countries, due to customs regulations & that may be why they did not receive their items.  95% feedback is not considered good on eBay and perhaps that's why you are not TRS. 

Good luck

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

I checked one of your listings, and it said that "Buyer pays return shipping."  To show the TR-Plus badge on a listing, the seller must offer 30-day free returns.  You might also want to check up on the specifics for international sales.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-standards-policy?id=4347#section3

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

I checked one of your listings, and it said that "Buyer pays return shipping."  To show the TR-Plus badge on a listing, the seller must offer 30-day free returns.  You might also want to check up on the specifics for international sales.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-standards-policy?id=4347#section3

They also have some that have a no return policy, which also doesn't qualify for TRS+.

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

But it was a domestic buyer. I will check to see if any are missing 30-day free returns. Thanks!

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Thanks - I'll check for listings without a return policy.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply