cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to a new seller platform

I’m being forced to consider switching from eBay to a different selling platform. No views unless I pay additional promotion fees is not cutting it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Switching to a new seller platform

Hey, it worked for Elvis. Amirite?

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

I went along with their promotions grudgingly even though it felt (because it is) like voluntarily giving them more fees. I have been on ebay for about 30 years but the new ADDITIONAL promotional layer got my goat!  Just found out about a new site called District.com aka niknax, that takes a straight 10%. People are going over to them like wildfire and I'm going to give them a try.

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

Apparently Mercari makes their money by charging customers to buy there.

Sellers get free listings.

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

I have used Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist with good luck and best of all no Fees! Just meet in a safe place. Some police stations allow you to meet there. And I literally meet a minute drive from my House in case the person is a flake. Years ago a guy wanted me to meet him halfway(25 miles each way) and he was a flake. He didn't buy the guitar case because he didn't read the dimensions in the description. Luckily I only drove 3 miles from my house. And as I am about to drive away I can hear his car battery is dead. He starts honking hoping I will stop and jump his car. Nope, drove off. I am not AAA. 

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM JULY 2023.

The problem with zombie threads is that the information and advice may be out of date or now incorrect.

The OP is still here and sold 126 items in the past 90days, from $8.00 to $910.00.

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 36 of 36
latest reply