cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Mad!

I had a customer purchase two items from me that the measurements were clearly listed in the decription .the size was a jr.the buyer sent me numeorous messages informing that she wanted a refund and wanted us to pay for the shipping.I refused.the buyer started sending us thretening messages stating that she wanted the refund and did not have time time to return the items and we did not give her a refund she would open us a case against us.A case was opened and ebay decided one item in her favor and one item in my favor even tho they were the exact same item in the exact same size.She harrased us so much by saying she was going to take us to small claims court if she did not get her money back she sent us over 40 messages! so  even after the case was closed I gave the buyer the funds back for both items. Not only did she get to keep our items,ebay reinbursted her for one item she also got to keep our merchandise.To top it off she had the nerve to leave negative feedback!But here is the icing on the cake...a week later our ebay store was restricted for almost 3 months because of this incident!Ebay informed me that there was absolutely nothing that they could do.After calling them over 30 times to resolve this issue and begging them to please read all this buyers threntening messages to us about how she clearly states she wanted the refund and wasnt going to return our items ebay disregarded us completely! Our store went down from listing 1500 a month and having numerous sales to only being able to list under 400 and barely any sales.This has been dragging on for over 3 months.This was a wake up call that for us that ebay is no better than the shady buyer who ran this scam on us.No wonder more ebay sellers and starting to become former ebay sellers and pulling their items off their site or closing their stores down permanantly buy selling their items on other sites.I long for the day that we will be in line soon to be able to do the same thing.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
3 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Super Mad!

Ebay will lose the last remaining following they have with their current policies. I have been on here for 15 years and what they are doing to their sellers is nothing short of stupity.  I suggest looking for other venues as soon as you can because personal opinion is ebay is going to lose a lot of people over this.

Sorry that you are having to deal with this. It is very difficult to deal with problematic customers. To be honest, most sellers are penalized enough by having to pay shipping and accept the refunds. I have been on Ebay for over 15 years and I am leaving. It makes no sense to deal with the harassment and the fraud. I have better sales on Amazon and Ebay simply provides another venue for items I don't sell on there. I will be eliminating my ebay product mix and simply going to something else. 

Best of luck to you and I feel your pain. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Just Not Worth It..

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I'm sorry!

That is so INSANE!

No other place on the Net, NO vendor allows a buyer to keep an item AND be refunded.

Even big retailers like Macy's, Sears, Bloomingdales etc the buyer nearly always pays return shipping.

I do NOT understand this- it seems exclusive to eBay! 

INSANE!   I feel for you. Smiley Sad

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 4 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Ebay will lose the last remaining following they have with their current policies. I have been on here for 15 years and what they are doing to their sellers is nothing short of stupity.  I suggest looking for other venues as soon as you can because personal opinion is ebay is going to lose a lot of people over this.

Sorry that you are having to deal with this. It is very difficult to deal with problematic customers. To be honest, most sellers are penalized enough by having to pay shipping and accept the refunds. I have been on Ebay for over 15 years and I am leaving. It makes no sense to deal with the harassment and the fraud. I have better sales on Amazon and Ebay simply provides another venue for items I don't sell on there. I will be eliminating my ebay product mix and simply going to something else. 

Best of luck to you and I feel your pain. 

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Just Not Worth It..

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I'm sorry!

That is so INSANE!

No other place on the Net, NO vendor allows a buyer to keep an item AND be refunded.

Even big retailers like Macy's, Sears, Bloomingdales etc the buyer nearly always pays return shipping.

I do NOT understand this- it seems exclusive to eBay! 

INSANE!   I feel for you. Smiley Sad

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

OP, ebay favors the buyer when it comes to disputes, unless the seller knows exactly how to deal with, answer and work within disputes to break even or occasionally win.

And sometimes the best thing to do is to call the buyers bluff and tell them to return and here is a return label.

Your buyer sounds like they have ben bullying sellers for awhile now and have their threats and pattern down.  Had you said return at the outset and nothing else and sent them a label, they would have to send back or go away.  In my case most go away.  I got one now that for two months they have been asking me why I haven't refunded them for their item that arrived broken, my response is always that I am waiting on them to send it back.

You should read the announcements and learn about the punishments that ebay has in store for sellers that aren't keeping up with their accounts.  If you have had a couple of disputes and or refunds, then ebay drops you in search and can put limits on you.

I learned a long time ago that ebay is not the place for most of my merchandise so I moved it and now just list on ebay what I can not list on other sites.

Now, don't take this wrong, but your measurements leave a lot to be desired.  Such as, your sleeve lengths, is that the inseam?  How did you arrive at some of the numbers.  And pit to pit does not sound appealing.  And it took me three listings to figure out that hem width is not how much hem there is to be let out, but it is the measurement across the bottom opening of blouses and dresses, and I have discovered that that one is really not important.

(*Bleep*)
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Might be op failed in complying with the process.

If theybwon one complaint why did they refund both? Seems silly to double the loss voluntary
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@redbud_farm wrote:
Might be op failed in complying with the process.

If theybwon one complaint why did they refund both? Seems silly to double the loss voluntary

I agree.  OP, this sounds like the buyer from hell, but you won one of the cases.  Why  on earth did you refund her anyway?  Just because she sent you nasty messages?  You can delete them without even reading. 

Now this entitled buyer has gotten her way again with her bullying and it has complicated your case.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Wow...  Speak of un-just!!  I guarantee you, that if a seller could still leave buyers negative FB, it would greatly reduce that type thing. Buyers have gotten CHEAP!  CHEAP! CHEAP!....  They want something for nothing, when the bid, and they want it for nothing, AFTER they bid!  It did not use to be that way. Though it was no perfect world, there used to be much more harmony between buyer and seller. Ebay allows buyers to treat sellers so abominably, and does not even follow it's own draconian policies, to the point of commerce kaos.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Ebay didn't suspend you for one buyer problem.

As others have said, with someone like the only solution is to keep saying return for refund........if they don't, that's their choice.

The extra refund was your choice to make so don't know that you can blame Ebay for that........

I am sorry for your problems, but rather than being mad, it might pay to understand what could have been done differently.......

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

yes it is definitely a lesson learned...i refunded the buyer on top of ebay refunding her the money.when i mailed off the package i enclosed our business card with our email address on them.she was sending all those messages to our email adresss and also at the time my family and I were going through a death in our family..it was just pur hotrrible.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

you are so right...a d thank you so much for your input
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

so true so true
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

i just didnt get it either...we were very hurt by this
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

But I told the buyer that she could return the items.we had no problem with her returning the items and we would have issued the refund pronto..as soon as she recieved both items she clearly sent us messages basically saying she did not have time to return the items and wanted the full refund

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

we just didnt get it either....when we talked to ebay a represenative said WOW! this is so strange!we were like what are you going to do about it and they did absolutely nothing.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply