cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly shipping not showing on invoice/buyer getting error message

Two very odd things happened tonight. First one buyer sent me a screen shot that was an error message from ebay telling her that in order to purchase what she wanted "the seller needs to input the postage".  I checked my ad and the postage was listed - so I sent her an invoice and the place for shipping on the invoice was blank and I had to enter the postage & send the invoice. The buyer was then able to purchase. 

The second odd thing was when I accepted a best offer and when I went to send the invoice again the shipping was blank and I had to enter the shipping to create a correct invoice. 

Both items had correct shipping amounts listed in the ebay listing. I have never had this happen before. 

This seems to be a glitch? Is anyone else having this problem? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Suddenly shipping not showing on invoice/buyer getting error message

no, not the exact same one, but two different buyers contacted me saying they could not pay because I did not ship to....wait for it.... Arkansas, and North Carolina. Arghhh...

I called eBay , they admitted they did have another buyer...(1??) that was having the same problem, and suggested I use the work around of sending an invoice to pay from. They did it for me since I was on the phone and added a message saying they had recommended paying for it from this invoice, so that was the work around. They asked about shipping while I was on the phone too (I offer free shipping) but maybe this is part of the same glitch.

I hope they fix it soon, and I am not missing any sales since most of my items that do not have make an offer are immediate payment. Hate to lose sales of course if someone is frustrated.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That is very interesting -  several days ago I had a person from Great Britain tell me they were blocked from making a purchase from my store. I sell thru the eBay Global system and have never blocked europe. I checked and for some unknown reason it was blocked - I never did that - so maybe something is up glitch wise. I agree, I hate to think that buyers are getting messages saying their country/ or US state is blocked or that they can't purchase since the postage is not showing up to complete the sale. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

well I sold a small item and it went off w/o a hitch (or a glitch) so I am hopeful it could be fixed now.

hate to spend the day listing and not be able to sell things. I could remove immediate payment but that could cause non-paid items or add make an offer to all listings. I think the later would be easier if need be.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I had a buyer with the same issue, luckily he was finally able to purchase it. This was a best offer sale.

……………………………………………………………
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I suspect there is a glitch as this has never happened to my listings in the past.  What saved me from a sale without the shipping included was an error message ebay sent to one buyer that told them I needed to include the shipping which baffled me because the shipping is and has always been clearly stated in the listing. The second sale was a best offer and I had to manually enter the shipping on the invoice - something I have never had to do before. Again, the shipping was entered correctly on the listing. 

Could one of the ebay mod's please look into this? It seems like perhaps something regarding shipping is amiss.

Thank You. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply