cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden drop in sales May 2022

Please, report 13E9AEB6-1AE4-4BE0-9A83-516FDA4C16F6.jpeghere if you recently within a week or so experienced sudden drop in sales. We can then ask Velvet to pass it on to technical team for review of the accounts. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Updates-are-happening-to-some-item-specifics-and-category/m-p/...

Message 1 of 837
latest reply
836 REPLIES 836

Re: Sudden drop in sales May 2022

First time every hearing the name. I'll look into it. Thanks. 

Message 571 of 837
latest reply

@gotta-have-it-collectables wrote:

Agreed! Why are OUR Listings not on our pages? We do pay for them with our store, fvf and now PL fees. This does need to be addressed. Thanks

EXACTLY!

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 572 of 837
latest reply

@orlando_artist wrote:

Why would a behemoth merchant site like Amazon have any part of their for-profit enterprise subsidized? Sure does suck that the world doesn't actually operate on ethics, transparency, reason and accountability etc. 

Why? lol because they are a "behemoth merchant" - answered the question already. The government gives subsidized shipping to some of these behemoth's and others not, and that is why it's disputed and unfair, just like shipping to china cost us a ton and them shipping to us costs $2 USD - ethics are non-existent. 

Message 573 of 837
latest reply

agreed

Message 574 of 837
latest reply

Same here!!! All dead in May, June, July and suddenly few sales in mid/end of August but dead again in Sep, feels like they switch on and off a account and the longest nightmare continues, seems the genius team of eBay are making another big change so seller will suffer again(& again)…

Message 575 of 837
latest reply

It appears they have changed something yet again. From the end of July to about the last week of August, sales were better for us with only a few dips here and there. Then the start of September the funny business started yet again, and I have been noticing such crazy fluctuations in sales the last 2 weeks it makes no sense at all. I am afraid to see where things go the rest of the year, because it just isn't looking that good.

Message 576 of 837
latest reply

@blacktopautoparts wrote:

It appears they have changed something yet again. From the end of July to about the last week of August, sales were better for us with only a few dips here and there. Then the start of September the funny business started yet again, and I have been noticing such crazy fluctuations in sales the last 2 weeks it makes no sense at all. I am afraid to see where things go the rest of the year, because it just isn't looking that good.

@blacktopautoparts yup, that's what i said, something in PL's changed again around the 4th - impressions plummeted, started new campaign got impressions back up on 8th rode a few days - declining again, started new campaign tonight...thinking at this point may try an automated campaign just to see if it makes any difference, but sale were going OK now, no sales in 2 days....pretty much when they put that new listing tool on us. Anyone figures out what is going on now, feel free to share. 

Message 577 of 837
latest reply

How the people who disagree there's a problem can explain that I have exact same pattern, I have only two sales in September. First one was a repeat buyer who I sent a discount coupon. And I have to remind that in advance before someone tell me economy, my customers not consist of US residents only.

Message 578 of 837
latest reply

i've dropped from $4k per month to $20 per week. I sell... Christmas ornaments.

Im sure it's my fault for some reason. i've been adding new inventory daily. I have some newer items set below my purchase price to get things to move.

i've increased ad rates.

it's my fault....

Message 579 of 837
latest reply

Thats rough

Message 580 of 837
latest reply

Ebay should care about lack of sales as there goes their 13% with managed payments!

If sellers aren't selling then eBays NOT making $$$ off of us(their customers)! What a JOKE.

Probably lied to their mothers!

Message 581 of 837
latest reply

$1000++ a Month Last year...

$50 a week barely this year...

Hmmmm!

Paid Store PL 30 Day returns Free S&H 4 Day Shipping List Every Day 2000++ Items...And Still Crickets!!??

devon@ebay

Message 582 of 837
latest reply

I have called in about 9 times in the past week because there are major issues going on. It appears to be Promoted Standard related. When things are working properly I will have $1k to 1.5k a day then the next it will drop down to where I only have a few hundred. My promoted are not getting the placement they do when I have high dollar days even though I promote at rates beyond what most do. I have a running ticket on ebay so everytime I see things not working right I call in to help figure out the problems. Too many details to go into here but when your average "organic" sold is say 25 and you sell 5, or your average "promoted" sold is 50 and you only do 25 it points to things being off. I am still getting 2 million impression but it says my page views have dropped 48% in the past 4 days. Something is happening...

Message 583 of 837
latest reply

We are witnessing a dumpster fire that is eBay.

Message 584 of 837
latest reply

My "Impressions" were 2 million in April and in August  just 300,000  after the PL 2% fiasco and now back up to 900,000 but with no sales!?? 

Message 585 of 837
latest reply