cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success is 1/2 Attitude & 1/2 Effort!

I'm still pretty new at selling - just a few months in now. 

It's easy to want to nitpick about this and that; a false return here, a website glitch there - whatever it may be.

But eBay is what you make of it. Work hard and have fun! I can't think of a better place overall to be a reseller. 

List today and see reward tomorrow! Newbies, stick with it - I'm really glad I did. 

Just some nice words of encouragement for someone. 

Take care! 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

A glitch? The present state of affairs are effecting people's livelihoods.

This site facilitates business, no one is nitpicking as I see it. The timing of you post confuses me (with 100's of members expressing themselves) but I guess that's my problem.

Don't get me wrong, I admire your attitude and am glad the glass is half full for you. I agree, never give up and make the best of things. Hope you have continued success.

Having said that, this is no glitch. There are many folks hurting today. Folks who have spent decades building up business. I feel many members, sellers and buyer, see things crashing down around them and dreams being crushed. Torn between hurt, anger and uncertainty. Retirees trying to make ends meet and the unemployed/unemployable trying to get by. 

Lets not forget the big seller, 10,000 plus listings affected. Employees that work for them. Years of building things up. I cannot imagine how they would be described as nitpicking or this is a glitch.

Also, although eBay is a fine option for reselling, I access several tools to resell that are superb options. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Just like life, things are often what you make of them.

As a small seller, i haven't faced some of the recent challenges others have, with the exception that sales have been sluggish. However, i have not turned my attention to building up my listings, so feel that is the primary issue, not eBay.

A positive outlook is a healthy one. Thank you for posting and reminding us that there is still success happening on this platform. Best of luck to you!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'd say attitude might even outweigh effort a bit - mostly because having the right attitude means one sees opportunities instead of obstacles, and expends their effort efficiently.

One of my favourite Dr Who quotes is from Romana the Time Lady "I don't have a reverse gear, I only go forward."

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@whattheneck wrote:

I'm still pretty new at selling - just a few months in now. 

It's easy to want to nitpick about this and that; a false return here, a website glitch there - whatever it may be.

But eBay is what you make of it. Work hard and have fun! I can't think of a better place overall to be a reseller. 

List today and see reward tomorrow! Newbies, stick with it - I'm really glad I did. 

Just some nice words of encouragement for someone. 

Take care! 

If only this were true.  For many of us this week, the hope of a successful Q4 is now in jeopardy.  Sales have screeched to a halt and through no fault of the Seller.

All the best to you as a new Seller.  There was a time this got you somewhere -

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 5
latest reply