cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store confusion!

I just bought a starter store but the language is unclear. 

At first it stated that I would be charged 7.95 today and then it said my renewal charge would be Sep 1st. So, I cancelled it immediately. Will I be charged for it?

Now it says:
Start date:Aug 29, 2020
Expiration date:Sep 30, 2020

And this 250 free listings says I have until Sep 1, 2020 to make them. Why would I want to pay 7.95 for a few days? 

Ebay message says this my store will be cancelled on Oct 1st. I am so confused, help?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Store confusion!

The minimum commitment for a Store subscription (which they call the "Mandatory subscription period") is one full calendar month plus the balance of the month in which you sign up, which means that you committed for the month of September plus the rest of August.  The first partial month of a store subscription is pro-rated for the exact number of days. So you would only be billed for 3 days in August.  See Section 2 of the user agreement:

https://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Store free insertions re-set on the first day of the calendar month, just the same as the free insertions for non-stores. So it's true that you only have until midnight on August 31 to use your 250 free insertions for  August. Then you get 250 more on September 1.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

bump

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Will I be charged for it?

I'm sure you will. You might be best suited use this time listing. Good luck!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I thought when you purchase a store, it's for 1 month, not a few days?

7.95 until the 1st...I can't make 250 listings in that time. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The store fees are PER MONTH.

You don't have to have 250 listings.  You may have UP TO 250 listings.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The minimum commitment for a Store subscription (which they call the "Mandatory subscription period") is one full calendar month plus the balance of the month in which you sign up, which means that you committed for the month of September plus the rest of August.  The first partial month of a store subscription is pro-rated for the exact number of days. So you would only be billed for 3 days in August.  See Section 2 of the user agreement:

https://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Store free insertions re-set on the first day of the calendar month, just the same as the free insertions for non-stores. So it's true that you only have until midnight on August 31 to use your 250 free insertions for  August. Then you get 250 more on September 1.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

For the first month you are charged a prorated fee to pay for the remaining days in the month. Then the rest of the month you pay the standard full price.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Oh man, thank you! This has eased my stress on this so much. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

This makes it clear, thank you! 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply