cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Vacation Settings

What is the point of vacation settings ,when I have to change shipping time ? It seems just change your shipping time  ,lose your top rated selling  ,wait three months to have reinstated ?  Sorry vacation  setting should just prevent all buying and vacation setting   should be on some list @ Ebay to prevent late shipping ding .Also it would have been nice of ebay to inform sellers that  this is happening . So top rated  only goes to sellers  selling 24 /7  365 days a year  .Not small business friendly at all. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Store Vacation Settings

Changing your handling time will not cause you to lose your TRS status.  It will protect it.  For TRS status you need to upload tracking within your stated handling time.  If you can't ship in 1 day, then your listing shoudn't offer 1 day handling.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/top-rated.html

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Store Vacation Settings

I've read that listing a lot of items each day after you return can boost you back up in no time.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Store Vacation Settings

@tabletoptreasures wrote:

@What is the point of vacation settings ,when I have to change shipping time ? It seems just change your shipping time  ,lose your top rated selling  ,wait three months to have reinstated ?  Sorry vacation  setting should just prevent all buying and vacation setting   should be on some list @ Ebay to prevent late shipping ding .Also it would have been nice of ebay to inform sellers that  this is happening . So top rated  only goes to sellers  selling 24 /7  365 days a year  .Not small business friendly at all. 

I've kept my store open for selling when on vacation up to a week. I change the handling time to 10 days and use the vacation setting and out of office messages. I have had sales throught the week we were away and no slow down after. 

Works for me. wink

Message 4 of 4
latest reply