cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I reported a listing for ONLINE Trump Sneakers....guess what happened next?

I'm sure you've seen the many listings for PRESALE Trump Sneakers that are in violation of the presale policy because they can't be shipped within 40 days.  But there are others for just an ONLINE PICTURE of the Sneakers.

I reported this listing by a 0 feedback seller, a 3 day auction starting at $2599.99  with a BIN of  $3999.98.  It ends Thursday and has  9 bids already.

It's listed as:  Donald Trump Never Surrender Online Shoes   (part of title only)

and the description says:  

Introducing the limited edition Donald Trump Never Surrender Online Shoes, a rare find with only 1000 pieces sold out during presale. These online sneakers boast a gold color and are made from high-quality online polyester, ensuring maximum online comfort and durability. With a casual online style that suits any occasion, these online shoes are perfect for any fashion-forward man who wants to make a statement.

Designed for online men with a US shoe size of 10.5, these online shoes are a must-have for any image/online collector or fan of the former president. Whether you want to wear them on a Roblox data or add them to your online collection, these online shoes are sure to turn online heads. These shoes are only a picture not a physical item. So why wait? Get yours today and show off your unique online style!

NO REFUND

TRUMP IS READY TO SHIP BUY AUGUST SINCE THEY HAVE NOT MADE THEM YET

I reported this listing as not offering an actual product. 
EBay responded at follows (in part)

Hello sea*dreams,
Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found. 

What happened:
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

Aughhh.

Message 1 of 100
latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

@sea*dreams wrote:

I'm sure you've seen the many listings for PRESALE Trump Sneakers that are in violation of the presale policy because they can't be shipped within 40 days.  But there are others for just an ONLINE PICTURE of the Sneakers.

I reported this listing by a 0 feedback seller, a 3 day auction starting at $2599.99  with a BIN of  $3999.98.  It ends Thursday and has  9 bids already.

It's listed as:  Donald Trump Never Surrender Online Shoes   (part of title only)

and the description says:  

Introducing the limited edition Donald Trump Never Surrender Online Shoes, a rare find with only 1000 pieces sold out during presale. These online sneakers boast a gold color and are made from high-quality online polyester, ensuring maximum online comfort and durability. With a casual online style that suits any occasion, these online shoes are perfect for any fashion-forward man who wants to make a statement.

Designed for online men with a US shoe size of 10.5, these online shoes are a must-have for any image/online collector or fan of the former president. Whether you want to wear them on a Roblox data or add them to your online collection, these online shoes are sure to turn online heads. These shoes are only a picture not a physical item. So why wait? Get yours today and show off your unique online style!

NO REFUND

TRUMP IS READY TO SHIP BUY AUGUST SINCE THEY HAVE NOT MADE THEM YET

I reported this listing as not offering an actual product. 
EBay responded at follows (in part)

Hello sea*dreams,
Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found. 

What happened:
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

Aughhh.

Ironic on so many levels.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 100
latest reply

Thankful to not have any skin in the sneaker game. 

Enjoy...

Posting ID
Message 3 of 100
latest reply

Honestly, hilarious.

Message 4 of 100
latest reply

I reported the listing for the same product. Donald Trump gym shoes. Eb

Hello 4pawsup*,
Thanks for reporting the content you found to be problematic on our site. 

We’re looking into it now. We’ll let you know once we’ve reviewed it and provide you with details of any decision that we make. 

We wanted to let you know that when eBay makes a decision based on your report, the user who provided the content may have a right to appeal. If they successfully appeal, we may be legally required to reverse our decision and any resulting actions.

ay replied  

Then i received this from ebay, 

Hello 4pawsup*,
Thanks again for reporting the problematic content you found. 

What happened:
We looked into your report and removed the content. It may take up to 24 hours for it to reflect on the site.  This determination was made by a customer service agent.

We let the content uploader know about this decision and the action taken. They may have the option to fix the content to make it visible again on site. They can also appeal our decision, and we'll review the case again and may reverse the original decision and action taken.

If you reported content that isn’t included in the below reference ID, we’ll send a separate email once we’ve made a decision. 

Your reference ID: 2-174130227338 

Here are the listings you reported that have been removed:
Item: 186306146366 Donald Trump Never Surrender High Top Sneakers Size 11

Thank you for being part of the eBay community.
Message 5 of 100
latest reply

On the issues of Pre-Sale violations, I have posted several times that reporting both a seller and the item in violation might result in eBay removal of the listing. There is a 50/50 chance the bots will get it right. On the identical item a bot will remove it and another bot action will be to indicate there is no problem - identical item. However, when the listing is removed as a violation, some sellers do not heed the warning and simply repost - with no consequences. I am watching the "weird barbie" doll and know that in 4 months or so there will be howls in indignation as buyers lose their money and end up with nothing. They will have lost their MBG and Credit Card protection. The dolls will not be mailed by Mattel until May 2024 or later & cost $50 plus shipping. These dolls being sold for far less than the purchase price in an abnormally large quantity & then the seller sends a receipt with tracking & buyers actually thank the seller with positive feedback, completely in the dark about the potential scam. I have given up reporting these listings since my efforts are worse than futile. So, Weird Barbie, Kansas City Chief Barbie, Amercian Girl Barbie, countless popular games with future date releases and yes.....Golden Trump Sneakers - all are jamming up eBay disappointing buyers and tarnishing the reputation of eBay and legitimate sellers who follow the rules. 

Message 6 of 100
latest reply

I think that, in a similar fashion to what is done on other platforms, initial reports are looked at by AI which can only detect the most egregious of violations. But once a post starts receiving multiple reports for the same violation, it’s sent up the flag pole to be looked at with human eyes. 

That’s why you’ll often get an initial “nothing wrong going on here” reply first, then hours or days later, the listing is taken down.

Message 7 of 100
latest reply

@sea*dreams 

Part of the problem that AI is seeing, may be that the ad clearly states that:

"These shoes are only a picture not a physical item" -- 

So that there's actually NO violation -- there is no promise of "shoes" -- but only a promise of "a picture."

And apparently there are plenty of suckers who don't read the complete ad, and are foolish enough to spend nearly $3000.00 on a photo of a pair of shoes.

A fool and his money, ya know. . ..

Message 8 of 100
latest reply

"These online shoes are sure to turn online heads."  😆

I'm curious, what is the estimated "delivery" date?   

Message 9 of 100
latest reply

@1786davycrockett wrote:

@sea*dreams 

Part of the problem that AI is seeing, may be that the ad clearly states that:

"These shoes are only a picture not a physical item" -- 

So that there's actually NO violation -- there is no promise of "shoes" -- but only a promise of "a picture."

And apparently there are plenty of suckers who don't read the complete ad, and are foolish enough to spend nearly $3000.00 on a photo of a pair of shoes.

A fool and his money, ya know. . ..

Hi @1786davycrockett 

You could be right, but i wonder.

It’s possible AI considered the listing to be on the up-and-up, but surely hope not probable. Since it did not say in the title that it was a picture they were selling, and if the category selected was men’s shoes, the listing would then prove to be deliberately misleading.

Despite having one sentence mentioning to the consumer that the item being sold was a picture, it sounds like nothing else in the listing supported that fact. I would hope that AI programming would take gross inconsistencies into account.

I wish we knew. 
(It appears that the listing was removed, if i am looking at the right one.)

Message 10 of 100
latest reply

@gurlcat wrote:

"These online shoes are sure to turn online heads."  😆

I'm curious, what is the estimated "delivery" date?   

For those guilded monstrosities I believe the delivery date is July.

ETA: The perfume is June. There are some red and white shoes, too.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 100
latest reply

@sea*dreams 

Ebay is actively cleaning up these listings.  There were far more yesterday than there are today.  But more keep coming.

It appears the AI screening some of these reports are not catching the issue.  But when humans review them they are.  Ebay is trying to fix this issue.  But just keep reporting if you are game.  It will help.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 100
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

Honestly, hilarious.

Not for the people that end up buying a picture.

Message 13 of 100
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@yuzuha wrote:

Honestly, hilarious.

Not for the people that end up buying a picture.

They have only themselves to blame for being such gullible idiots. So yeah, it IS pretty funny.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 100
latest reply

I can't find it funny.  This silly stuff is selling for a lot of money.  Buyers will get it back either via Ebay or a Chargeback, but still I'm just so annoyed by thieves.  And that is exactly what all those seller are.

Plus I do not understand how all those new selling accounts got their selling limits set so high.  Something simply isn't right about this for many reasons.

Message 15 of 100
latest reply