cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I reported a listing for ONLINE Trump Sneakers....guess what happened next?

I'm sure you've seen the many listings for PRESALE Trump Sneakers that are in violation of the presale policy because they can't be shipped within 40 days.  But there are others for just an ONLINE PICTURE of the Sneakers.

I reported this listing by a 0 feedback seller, a 3 day auction starting at $2599.99  with a BIN of  $3999.98.  It ends Thursday and has  9 bids already.

It's listed as:  Donald Trump Never Surrender Online Shoes   (part of title only)

and the description says:  

Introducing the limited edition Donald Trump Never Surrender Online Shoes, a rare find with only 1000 pieces sold out during presale. These online sneakers boast a gold color and are made from high-quality online polyester, ensuring maximum online comfort and durability. With a casual online style that suits any occasion, these online shoes are perfect for any fashion-forward man who wants to make a statement.

Designed for online men with a US shoe size of 10.5, these online shoes are a must-have for any image/online collector or fan of the former president. Whether you want to wear them on a Roblox data or add them to your online collection, these online shoes are sure to turn online heads. These shoes are only a picture not a physical item. So why wait? Get yours today and show off your unique online style!

NO REFUND

TRUMP IS READY TO SHIP BUY AUGUST SINCE THEY HAVE NOT MADE THEM YET

I reported this listing as not offering an actual product. 
EBay responded at follows (in part)

Hello sea*dreams,
Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found. 

What happened:
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

Aughhh.

Message 1 of 100
latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

Re: So I reported a listing for ONLINE Trump Sneakers....guess what happened next?

Considering  the worthless   Trump's  digital  trading cards  does have copyright photos with his face on ,then what is stop him from using the Louboutin red sole's? 

Message 91 of 100
latest reply

Re: So I reported a listing for ONLINE Trump Sneakers....guess what happened next?

@carlmarxx wrote:

Considering  the worthless   Trump's  digital  trading cards  does have copyright photos with his face on ,then what is stop him from using the Louboutin red sole's? 

Oh man, those - I think that whole grift tanked so fast that nothing came of it. I mean photoshopping that looked like it was done by a 10-year-old - the entire premise was bizarre.

The shoes, if they ever materialize for actual sale, are going to face finished design and manufacturing hurdles rather than the nebulous non-world of fake trading cards, so that may actually have some teeth.

I don't see anything coming of it, though. I doubt there will be infringement because the law can be pretty narrow, but I'm no expert, just someone in the clothing trade. I wonder if we'll ever see any shoes, though? 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 92 of 100
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:
@ckimodog wrote:

@sea*dreams 

I just got an offer from a seller who is selling those rip off shoe photos that are supposed to be rare (yeah right). They lowered the price to $1,000. I declined & told him what I thought about his listing.  I doubt he'll reply. lol.  Then I got an offer for some sneakers that are advertised as Trump sneakers, but they're nikes and don't even resemble the Trump sneakers other than being gold.  Scam city out there! smh

I got one too.  When you click into it, at least on the one I received, the listing was removed.

It looks like eBay is finally getting ahead of these and removing them, or blocking them, in an expedient manner. 

This has been a problem all week.  Ebay started making real headway on these listings a couple of days ago.

I just did a search and as of the moment of this post there are no Gold Trump shoes posted.  But I did see a handful of the white ones which also are not getting released until this summer.  However they are no where near the price for the gold ones.

Some Presale Barbies have this same problem.  They don't release until late this summer and a couple aren't until November.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 93 of 100
latest reply

@carlmarxx wrote:

From the new's reports  that Trump High tops  is looking  at  a copyright issue's    lawsuit  by a well know  name brand  company   over the red bottoms .

That has been suggested since the moment these things hit the news.  It is because of the red sole on the shoes.  

Message 94 of 100
latest reply

@epowerbargains

With all of eBay's talent it seems to me that items with the word "pre-sale" should have a special review prior to posting

That should be a simple keyword search for the bots.

- a date of delivery 40 days or less field should be required & no listing beyond that should be permitted.

Again a simple Block.

The reputation of the eBay platform and sellers is damaged.

This should be more important to eBay than the occasional courtesy refund to an unhappy buyer.

A refund probably covered by their insurance anyway.

....and don't we all want buyers to trust eBay and the sellers who use eBay?

I notice it is Sellers who are leading the charge on this question.

This is more important in the long run that VeRO disputes. (Although I support the right of brands to protect their intellectual* property.)

* I think I saw somewhere that the manufacturer of these shoes is calling itself "Mikes" . Interesting if true.

Message 95 of 100
latest reply

@reallynicestamps 

The presale rule is NOT 40 days.  It is 40 Business days.

You are assuming the seller would set their handling time to 40 days, they typically do not.

This has NOTHING to do with Vero.

Message 96 of 100
latest reply

I agree 100% with all your points.  And I believe you meant to say "more important thaVeRo disputes" (not "that').  In other words, you weren't saying this is a VeRO; you were contrasting it to that.  It seems fairly obvious to me, but then I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. 😉

Message 97 of 100
latest reply

1xydyfigig I'll

Message 98 of 100
latest reply

I know, right?   🤣😆😂

Message 99 of 100
latest reply

@sesiv14 wrote:

1xydyfigig I'll

Screenshot 2024-02-26 001834.jpg

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 100 of 100
latest reply