cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sniping MUST be stopped.

Sniping is a violation of eBay policy, but like most eBay policies little is done by eBay management to enforce its own rules.  Maybe a boycott of eBay for a week will get management's attention.  I am considering cancelling my eBay account , not because I've been sniped repeatedly, but because eBay has a "we don't care as long as we aremaking money" policy.  I don't sell on eBay because of the excessive fees for listing items.  If I don't close my account, I may keep it open just to increase eBay administrative costs and non-income.

Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Re: Sniping MUST be stopped.

What's the difference between your bidding your highest amount at any point in the listing and my bidding my highest amount at any point in the listing? Am I sniping, but you are not?  

Message 76 of 88
latest reply

Suggest that YOU search sniping in eBay and return here with a quote from where you found evidence that sniping IS a violation.  

Message 77 of 88
latest reply

Actually, no its not.  I even searched it myself, and posted earlier the link to the statement that is exactly contrary to your opinion.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 78 of 88
latest reply

Its legal.  I wait until the last few seconds before I buy.  It is a smart strategy.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 79 of 88
latest reply

One, surely you gest.  It should be non and nothing should ever sell.  I snipe all the time and big my max every time.  If you dont beat me you didnt bid enough

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 80 of 88
latest reply

Nice, I was using the other one.  I will try it.  You have a 5 or 2 second leeway so I know how to beat you.

Message 81 of 88
latest reply

I had a timer that was synched with ebay.  I would wait until the last 10 seconds to bid.  You needed a good internet connection to do that..

Message 82 of 88
latest reply

@mikeystoyz wrote:

Nice, I was using the other one.  I will try it.  You have a 5 or 2 second leeway so I know how to beat you.

From the JustSnipe FAQ:
Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 7.47.08 PM.png

I leave mine at the default 5 seconds because I have seen some bizarre finishes with multi-sniper pileups.  If you are confident eBay will take your 2-second snipe, you just better hope it's higher than mine.  😎

Message 83 of 88
latest reply

@brothacker1974 wrote:

Suggest you search sniping in eBay...It IS a Violation...and you sound like a person who snipes as a common behavior.  Bid YOUR highest amount and don't snipe.   Even easier.

It's not a violation, I do it all the time because it's the smart way to bid. It's a common behaviour for me, and it's successful. 

Message 84 of 88
latest reply

I love sniping and never bid on an auction until the last few seconds. In fact, my snipe won last night. 

snipe.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 85 of 88
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

I love sniping and never bid on an auction until the last few seconds. In fact, my snipe won last night. 

That image shows that you placed a bid at 7:18:45 and won, BUT later bids were placed at 7:19:07 and 7:19:16.  So this looks to me like you placed a bid 31 seconds before the final bid was placed, and this is an example of snipers losing to an earlier bid.

Screen Shot 2024-03-10 at 3.22.04 AM.png

Message 86 of 88
latest reply

Oh man, are we back in this conga line again?

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 87 of 88
latest reply

Who can resist a conga line?  

Message 88 of 88
latest reply