cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow or slowing sales, things that have not been addressed.

The consumer is a very fickle animal. What they wanted yesterday is not what they want today.  They don't want that rolling pin because grandma had one like it.  The slowing economy also has to be factored into the equation as well as low interest money not being as available as it was. The money from covid has defiantly dried up.

As far as Ebay slowing sales that is a reticules aspect, think about it, they need sales as much or more than you do, they need the money.  There are many facets to any economy and there anyone of thousands of annalists that can give a mirrored of reasons why but Ebay while they have problem's  is not the reason why.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Slow or slowing sales, things that have not been addressed.

I sell Velcro only. 300 variations of Velcro Brand products, full-time, everyday, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day for 5 years. Always do between 20 and 40 sales per day. eBay is F'ed up!

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

So you are saying the economy has to be taken into consideration when analyzing sales? Wow, this is shocking and amazing insight! Thank you!

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

....Always do between 20 and 40 sales per day..... So, what kind of sales per day are you doing now?

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

He's saying that just because the car is running doesn't mean it doesn't have problems

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

Not sure what your conclusion is supposed to be? Are you saying eBay itself is not the problem - the economy is the problem for lack of sales?

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

Well.  I can agree with at least one statement in this post:

"The money from covid has defiantly dried up."  

Yes, indeed; all the Covid "stimulus" funds I received from both the federal and state governments have dried up.
And they have done so very, very defiantly.  

From reading a lot of posts here during the last year, complaints about slowing sales on eBay, in my opinion also, are [a] little reticules.  I print some of them and keep them in an antique handbag that my own grandmother made, a little silk pouch with a crocheted cover.  It is really very cute.  

BTW, for other mirrored reasons, I am thankful for random double consonants, specifically "n's".  

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

The overall drop affecting most online sellers can be best explained by what I heard on Fox Business recently (paraphrased): "The bulk of consumers are paralyzed by uncertainty". This is the most comprehensive and simple explanation I've heard so far. It says it all.

The best thing we can do is Accept > Adjust > Adapt. Accept  the situation and the need to be patient, Adjust  our expectations and be wise about adjusting our listings and business models where we can, and Adapt  to the new reality by riding it out until it blows over, which it eventually will (fingers crossed).

There are rich periods and there are lean periods. That's the nature of online commerce that I've experienced in the 25+ years I've been selling here and on other online venues. Let's not make eBay the whipping boy here just because it makes us feel better by putting all the blame on them. They want sales to be made just as much as sellers do.

Chill...

Cheers, Duffy

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

As far as Ebay slowing sales” 🤦🏻‍🤦🏻‍🤦🏻‍, it’s not a eBay problem it’s a you problem. No one wants to buy what you’re selling, I don’t get how absolutely no one learns this. Posting on eBay doesn’t mean your item will automatically sell. 

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

I am so surprised something so profound came from Fox News!

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

I don't think the economy is as bad as some portray it to be. eBay has issues, I've had issues in the last few days. 

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

While I would agree the economy has a lot to do with the slow down in sales, ebay is definitely to blame for turning this platform into a dollar store where the only way you can get a single view is to bid 15% or more with promoted listings.

If I were to bid ebay's suggested bid of 15% or more, my total final value fees would be 30%! I sell a lot of media related items, as well as video games, I cant give ebay 30% of the sale and still turn a profit.

ebay is clearly taking advantage of the economic slowdown for their own personal gain, while leaving sellers with nothing for their efforts. Its pure greed and ebay knows it.

At some point lawmakers need to reign in on ebay's pursuit of fleecing sellers for every last penny in their pockets.

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

We need to reach the consumers who have $80 to spend on pumpkin picking, $100 on dinner for two, $500 on a couple sports tickets, or $2,000. to see Taylor Swift.

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

You and me both. 

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

The consumer is a very fickle animal. What they wanted yesterday is not what they want today. They don't want that rolling pin because grandma had one like it.

What is in demand from buyers is something that has been addressed regularly on this discussion board.

The slowing economy also has to be factored into the equation as well as low interest money not being as available as it was.

The economy is something that has been addressed regularly on this discussion board.

The money from covid has defiantly dried up.

The effect of Covid stimulus money is something that has been addressed regularly on this discussion board.

As far as Ebay slowing sales that is a reticules aspect, think about it, they need sales as much or more than you do, they need the money. There are many facets to any economy and there anyone of thousands of annalists that can give a mirrored of reasons why but Ebay while they have problem's is not the reason why.

I cannot decipher what you are trying to say here.

Message 15 of 37
latest reply