cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Sales?

Is anyone else experiencing much lower sales than years past?  I am only doing about 1/2 the sales as the summer months last year.  just wondering if it is something that I am doing, or is everyone seeing the same down turn.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Slow Sales?

The last couple of months were pretty bad, but now it's my busiest time of year, and sales are great.
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

My sales have been very slooowww...... . I am listing more items and even lowering prices. I'm Top Rated with a eBay store and I'm selling maybe an average of 2 items per week. Its never been this slow for me. I hope it picks up  SOON for holiday shopping or I'll have way too much inventory left over. ugh.
I'm open to any suggestions.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@starmajesty* wrote:

My sales have been very slooowww...... . I am listing more items and even lowering prices. I'm Top Rated with a eBay store and I'm selling maybe an average of 2 items per week. Its never been this slow for me. I hope it picks up  SOON for holiday shopping or I'll have way too much inventory left over. ugh.

Suggestion. Don't lower prices. If you have already researched the average going rates, then that is not the problem, it is visibility that is the problem. Some sellers are receiving more visibility then others. If you see they are selling what you have at those prices, hold with those prices, and if you get a sale, then you do.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@starmajesty* wrote:

do cassettes actually sell? Not a comment, just curious. I have heard that cassettes are actually coming back!

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@reynoldssportscollectibles2008 wrote:

Is anyone else experiencing much lower sales than years past?  I am only doing about 1/2 the sales as the summer months last year.  just wondering if it is something that I am doing, or is everyone seeing the same down turn.

This might be one explanation:

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/pl/2015/10/1444787607.html

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Walmart just issued some warnings on its coming earnings release,not good.

I think people are just strapped ,I watch what they put in the supermarket cart,food and medicine, rent and mortgage ,insurance and drug come first.

oh,filling the gas tank so they can go to work is priorirty number one ! 

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

@starmajesty* wrote:

do cassettes actually sell? Not a comment, just curious. I have heard that cassettes are actually coming back!

If eBay actually show your listings, yes. Had a lot of luck with them until late Spring, early Summer last year, just like with everything else. 46,000 sales over the past 90 days, not counting those listed under wholesale lots.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@tippyalways wrote:

Walmart just issued some warnings on its coming earnings release,not good.

I think people are just strapped ,I watch what they put in the supermarket cart,food and medicine, rent and mortgage ,insurance and drug come first.

oh,filling the gas tank so they can go to work is priorirty number one ! 

LOL! I can just see them now, "we sold you out and damaged your economy, help us?". They're getting what they deserve and everyone should be encouraged to make it worse for them.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

BREAKING NEWS (sarcasm):  An item won't sell if it doesn't show up in Search.

I listed an item almost two days ago.  A search using two very specific keywords shows 44 other items...but not mine.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Thought I'd resurrect an old one. Yesterday, 6-20-2017 I sold a small item and a short time later received message from buyer asking to cancel. That's the most action I've seen this week.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply