cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to England?

So I lost a sale because my buyer informed me that I don’t ship to England and she is unable to purchase. I told her I ship internationally and don’t have any restrictions. She contacted eBay and they told her that there is some kind of glitch with international sellers. 
What in the actual hell is going on?! 
Anyone else experience this? She wants me to ship gsp but I won’t do that. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Shipping to England?

Learn what's going on (or as much as we know) by reading this discussion @eclecticollectibles 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/EIS-not-offering-shipping-to-UK/td-p/3402...

Toys is one of the biggest impacted categories with these restrictions. Currently the only option I know of to get past it is offering direct shipping options (with USPS usually) instead of using eBay International Shipping.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

UK has many restrictions as to what can be imported into their countries.   There standards are higher than USA.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It would help if we knew what the item was. I looked at a number of your clothing items and you can ship those to the UK. I also noted that you are using the EIS program. FYI the GSP no longer exists it was replaced with GSP. 

In addition to the UK rules with regards to imports the EIS program has some filters as well so without knowing what the item was it's hard to say what the issue may be. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

This is the gov.uk website re the mandated additional safety markings (if required)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-the-ukca-marking#:~:text=The%20UKCA%20marking%20must%20be,marking%....

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the info!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply