cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Metrics

I was just told by eBay costumer service that if a buyer opens a Item Not As Described return and never returns the item or closes it minuets later that they still count against the sellers service metrics. I'm currently being charged an extra 5% final value fee on every transaction for this exact reason. I have 3 returns that were opened and never returned that has pushed me to the "Very High" region. eBay is stealing from me with every transaction. I have also asked for the policy in writing that states this, Still waiting. Was also told a "manager" would call me back in 24 to 36 hours, that was 8 days ago. Will eBay  confirm that this is correct? Sellers can be punished and stolen from because a buyer made a mistake?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Service Metrics

This is the exact reason I have "NO RETURNS" on all my items...too many

Ebay MORONS that don't know what they are doing and costing me money.

NO RETURNS means no returns...you  can't open a return when I don't accept

returns..this will change....my cousin is a lawyer and this will easily escalate

because the 50% increase in additional seller fee is extortion...plain and simple

and it does "NOT" do a **bleep** thing to increase seller performance.....should

be "ban moron Ebay buyers" program.

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

This should be an area that should be worked on for all sellers.  A buyer's mistake or whim should not be held against us for one full year. 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

eBay has explained, since the advent of this charge, that part of the reasoning (maybe most of it) behind this is that all your "peers" are subject to the same possibilities for an INAD, so if your rate is higher then this could be, and likely is, a deficiency on the seller's end.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Policies are shown in the UA.

The policies are not determined by the seller.

The seller, when selling here, chooses to do so with the policies as they are, not just with the ones that suit them.

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

Yes, the INR and INAD service metrics are actually INR requests, and INAD requests.  Reading through Ebay's policies, they state the reasoning is if a buyer opens up a request, regardless of the outcome, it shows the buyer didn't have a smooth transaction.  

It may be that I'm cynical and I just don't realize it, but I see this Ebay stance as a way to garner more fees.  Although, its never effected me, so I don't put too much thought to the process.

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

I don't get too many return requests: maybe 2 in the last 5 years. But, I do keep 30 day returns as a TRS+, just in preparation for that one time a buyer may try to burn me...you can deduct of to 50% of the item cost if they decide to send back a box of rocks.

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

@craft-stash ,

I don’t post on Facebook but I have used their messenger service to contact eBay for business and other companies for sore service. 

More and more companies are increasing their social media customer service capabilities. If you are flying and your flight is cancelled you will get rebooked faster using the airlines Facebook or Twitter pages. Most people get on the phone or go stand in line.

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

@gstage1 ,

Most large companies have increased their presence on social media platforms like Facebook because that is where most their customers are. EBay is not the only company on Facebook. 

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

So ebay doesnt care whether a return is returned or not as well as if it's a buyers remorse return.....they will not lift the additional 5%......in addition to that.....you can expect your listings to be throttled.

Ask me how I know

HK

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

@drivinsales wrote:

I was just told by eBay costumer service that if a buyer opens a Item Not As Described return and never returns the item or closes it minuets later that they still count against the sellers service metrics. I'm currently being charged an extra 5% final value fee on every transaction for this exact reason. I have 3 returns that were opened and never returned that has pushed me to the "Very High" region. eBay is stealing from me with every transaction. I have also asked for the policy in writing that states this, Still waiting. Was also told a "manager" would call me back in 24 to 36 hours, that was 8 days ago. Will eBay  confirm that this is correct? Sellers can be punished and stolen from because a buyer made a mistake?

No, you’re not.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/service-metrics-policy?id=4769

First, IF you are being charged the extra 5% it is ONLY “in one or more categories, you will be charged an additional 5% on the final value fees for sales in those categories”. (ONLY) You are not charged in EVERY category.

Secondly,

We may adjust a rating in certain circumstances so that it won't affect your account.

A Very High rating won't affect your account unless it involves at least 10 reports/requests with 10 unique buyers

A service metric rating is High or Very High, but the rate of reports/requests is less than 1% of transactions

If any of your service metrics are High or Very High compared to your peers, but the rate is less than 1%, that rating will be adjusted to 'Average'.

Me thinks you are jumping to inaccurate conclusions.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

I talked to a rep this week about this subject.

They do have a department that reviews false inads/inr cases.

However, they will not review any of them unless your account is on the verge of being negatively affected and it will change your seller status on your next 30-day review.

Only at this point, will they review these, and at that point, remove any of the false inad/inr's you may have, in order to prevent you unfairly dropping a seller status level.

They will not do it before you reach this point.  It has to jeopardize your account health before a review will occur.

Sucks, but that's all we get.

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Hi I just went through this and I am going through as we speak. You have to use the automated chat service and type in operator in the chat. It will ask if you want someone to call you back or talk in the thread. I always use CB. Then when you get a CB ask for a supervisor or team leader who will then listen to your situation and make an appeal to review your account. Explain if you never get the item back then why are you being penalized. My account is in below standard because of this BUT I just got them removed it took me two phoe calls and upon next evauation will go back to normal so I dont get pushed down the search and get punished. Hope this helps and I would demand to talk to a team leader or supervisor and not let the initial cb person do the appeal etc...

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

again, since some people don't get it, no one at ebay, even the team responsible for metrics review, will remove anything from the metrics, no matter reason. It stays. It's the Seller Level they will change, i.e. Transaction defect rate, Late shipment rate, Cases closed without seller resolution, Tracking uploaded on time and validated - any stat on Seller Level they can/will correct, but Not on the Metrics. Calling ebay CS rep will get you no where, talking to a "manager" will get you no where, file a report for the Metrics team to review will get you a email response within a few days that just explains the mark cannot be removed from the Metrics but they corrected the mark on the Seller Levels if the error was made. 

I had a buyer open a INAD on me for a item he didn't even buy from me. Both him and I called ebay to correct the matter, he intended to open it on another seller but by mistake cause was in a rush opened it on me instead. They removed it from my Seller Level but that mark stayed on my Metrics for 1 yr. No one at ebay would remove it. I brought to the weekely community chat (they had them weekly then not monthly) and I was explained by them there that marks do not get removed from Metrics for any reason, only the Seller Level marks can. Marks on Metrics will remain for 1 yr and they system will automatically remove it after that time. devon@ebay should be able to explain this 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 28 of 28
latest reply