cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Offers?

I sent an offer to a buyer on an item that is currently part of a BOGO promotion. The buyer is asking if they accept the offer will they still be able to include the item in the BOGO promotion?

ETA I do not have immediate payment enabled.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sending Offers?

@mcdougle4248 

Promotions and Best Offers are either/or.

By making or accepting a seller-initiated offer, the buyer is choosing to make their own discount - and no other promotions will apply.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Sending Offers?

A buyer should never be able to 'double decker' offers or promotions.

The big biox boys don't do it, why should we?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Sending Offers?

@mcdougle4248 

Promotions and Best Offers are either/or.

By making or accepting a seller-initiated offer, the buyer is choosing to make their own discount - and no other promotions will apply.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Sending Offers?

Penguin is correct that offers and order discounts won't stack. Some promos will stack and others won't.

Order Discounts:

- will stack with markdowns

- will stack with shipping discounts

- will not stack with coupons (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)

- will not stack with offers

- will not stack with volume discounts (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)

- will not stack with other order discounts (system will apply whichever discount is greater between discounts applied to the listing)

Markdowns:

- will stack with order discounts

- will stack with shipping discounts

- will not stack with coupons

- I don't know if they will stack with volume discounts - can you find out for us kyle@ebay if nobody else comes along with an answer before you see this?

Shipping Discounts:

- will stack with markdowns

- will stack with volume discounts

- I don't know if they will stack with offers, but I think they will if offer auto-pay isn't enabled - can you find out for us kyle@ebay if nobody else comes along with an answer before you see this?

- will stack with coupons

Volume Discounts:

- will not stack with order discounts (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)

- I don't know if they will stack with markdowns

- will not stack with coupons (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)

Coupons:

- will not stack with order discounts (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)

- will not stack with volume pricing (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)

- will not stack with other coupons

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Sending Offers?

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Penguin is correct that offers and order discounts won't stack. Some promos will stack and others won't.

<snip>

Markdowns:

- I don't know if they will stack with volume discounts - can you find out for us kyle@ebay if nobody else comes along with an answer before you see this?

@wastingtime101 

I can answer the Volume Discounts one:

Volume Discounts will stack with Markdowns and vice versa

a 20% Off Markdown Sale will still give the buyer the "buy 3 get 10%" discount on top

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Sending Offers?

Thanks @penguins_dont_fly , so in your example, buy 3 get 10% is not an order discount? It's a volume discount? Just want to clarify based on wording. 🙂

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Sending Offers?

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Thanks @penguins_dont_fly , so in your example, buy 3 get 10% is not an order discount? It's a volume discount? Just want to clarify based on wording. 🙂

Volume discounts can be applied through Promotions or through the individual listing.

I have mine set up through Promotions and it includes all of my listings ... even one-offs. If you add one plate and 2 mugs from separate listings to your cart, you will get the "buy 3 get %"

Order discounts are more "Buy one get whatever", or "spend $100 get whatever"  to my understanding

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Sending Offers?

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@wastingtime101 

This is what Promotion Manager shows under "Order Discount"

penguins_dont_fly_0-1703970212956.png

Order discounts does include a "buy 3 get" ... but only one level of discount

Volume Pricing allows for 3 levels of "buy xx get xx"

My listings are  buy 2 get 5% - buy 3 get 10% - buy 6 get 15% - buy 9 get 20%

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Sending Offers?

Both order and volume discounts can do a save X% on 3 or more so I was just checking. Thanks for confirming you were referring to volume discounts.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Sending Offers?

@wastingtime101 

Thank you so much for your detailed response. I have copied, pasted, and printed it to keep for future reference.

The top takeaway for me and my listings is not to send offers for items currently on a BOGO as it will cause buyer confusion. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Sending Offers?

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

I sent an offer to a buyer on an item that is currently part of a BOGO promotion. The buyer is asking if they accept the offer will they still be able to include the item in the BOGO promotion?

ETA I do not have immediate payment enabled.

Accepting an offer overrides all other promos or discounts, the reason is eBay doesn't want buyers to have multiple discounts to get items for nearly free... when buyers accept my offers it overrides my combined shipping discount and even with all items on checkout eBay charges the full postage price.

You can manually adjust the sale to include the BOGO item if you want to, but once they accept your offer they won't be able to add a BOGO item. You have to adjust prices to make it work.

C.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Sending Offers?

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Order Discounts:

- will not stack with volume discounts (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)

- will not stack with other order discounts (system will apply whichever discount is greater between discounts applied to the listing)

Markdowns:

Shipping Discounts:

- will stack with markdowns

- will stack with volume discounts

- I don't know if they will stack with offers, but I think they will if offer auto-pay isn't enabled - can you find out for us kyle@ebay if nobody else comes along with an answer before you see this?

- will stack with coupons

Volume Discounts:

- will not stack with order discounts (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)

- I don't know if they will stack with markdowns

Coupons:

- will not stack with order discounts (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)

- will not stack with volume pricing (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)

- will not stack with other coupons

Hey @wastingtime101 it looks like @penguins_dont_fly and @sin-n-dex beat me to the answers.  One quick note on the best offers part, the shipping discounts will not stack with or without auto-pay being enabled.  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Sending Offers?

Thanks kyle@ebay . Here's our final list for how promotions behave with each other:

Order Discounts:

• will stack with markdowns
  • will stack with shipping discounts
  • will not stack with offers
  • will not stack with coupons (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)
  • will not stack with volume discounts (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)
  • will not stack with other order discounts (system will apply whichever discount is greater between multiple order discounts on the same listing)

Markdowns:

• will stack with order discounts
  • will stack with volume discounts
  • will not stack with coupons (markdown takes precedence)
  • will not stack with offers (offer takes precedence)

Shipping Discounts:

• will stack with coupons
  • will not stack with offers, regardless of offer auto-pay being enabled or disabled

Volume Discounts:

• will not stack with markdowns (markdown takes precedence)
  • will not stack with order discounts (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)
  • will not stack with coupons (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)

Coupons:

• will not stack with order discounts (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)
  • will not stack with volume pricing (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)
  • will not stack with other coupons
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Sending Offers?

Oops... I fouled up the volume discounts section. Corrections below:

Order Discounts:

• will not stack with offers
  • will not stack with volume discounts (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)
  • will not stack with other order discounts (system will apply whichever discount is greater between multiple order discounts on the same listing)

Markdowns:

• will not stack with coupons (markdown takes precedence)

Shipping Discounts:

• will stack with coupons
  • will not stack with offers, regardless of offer auto-pay being enabled or disabled

Volume Discounts:

Coupons:

• will not stack with volume pricing (system will apply whichever discount is greater between the two)
  • will not stack with other coupons
Message 15 of 16
latest reply