cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling sport or non-sport cards

good evening

I've tried selling sport and non-sport cards w/out much success.

Some list for .99 cents and sell for .99 or dont sell at all . So if I list 2000 cards at .99 cents for .35 each and 25 sell at .99 cents and then relist 1975 cards at .99 cents how do I win . (Yes ,250 are free)  Sell another 25 for $1.25  and relist 1950 ....simply seems that if you do not have graded cards, almost impossible to sell even for 5% of real value.  Thinking of taking best cards, having them previewed by nashcards and cancelling anything worth less than $50. Gave nearly $5000 for relisting last year, opened a store week or so ago yet costs stills will have to be crazy

What is real ROI on .99 cent cards? 

Thank you

Terry

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Unfortunately Sports Cards were/are one of the biggest scams. So many were made there are very few worth money. Same with Comic Books. Best to check recent sold prices. Although eBay value is not necessarily true market value. The main problem is shipping costs more than the value of the cards. I would warn of using Ebay Standard Envelope. I got bite a few times because the mail carrier didn't do the final scan. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

A 99c sale cost you a flat 40c service fee plus 13.25% of the buyer's ENTIRE payment including shipping and his sales taxes.

Some sellers opt to use Promoted Listings which raises the 13.25% by at least 2%.

And then there are your costs for packaging.

And occasional costs for return shipping on refunds.

Don't use Auctions unless you are sure you will get multiple bids.

Don't list at 99c, even to start an Auction.

With a Store you have 1000 to 100,000 Fixed Price listings included with your monthly subscription price.

In addition you may have actually free listing promotions. I seem to have 10K a month free with my Basic Store.

If you are flexible minded, you can also double your listings at no extra cost, by listing on eBay Canada.

I am registered in Canada, but most of my listings are done here on dotCOM.

But I have some listed on dot CA, and they are effectively free.

In other words without a Store you have 250 Free listings.

With a Basic Store you have 1000 listings for your $28 monthly subscription.

But you could put another 1000 on dotCA and those would be included in that $28.

This is normal practice for us Canadians, but frankly it seems to terrify and confuse Americans.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Very nice talking points here. now if I could only figure out how to get 2nd ebay site added onto new store??

Is that possible? not is eby but maybe by using an app or something Ii can transfer.....or would you recommend 2 strores? I have about 1500 items in 2nd ebay and it would be time killer to delete and relist

May I ask your thoughts on this please?

Thank you

Morgan / Terry

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Get inkfrog/listperfectly/vendoo for  a month pull all your listing from one store, and list it on the new store.

I would not recommend 2nd store unless its different class of items.

Selling at 99cent is a loss, i would at least do 1.59 - 1.99to make some money. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

almost impossible to sell even for 5% of real value

What are you using to determine "real value"?

IMHO the real value is what they are actually selling for.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Flip two coins and consult my attorney who then uses tarot cards

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Even if you copy someone else listing, you still need to upload your pictures and edit.  Unless you are listing 10-50 items with a buy it now, still cant make money.

I have seen a single listing for multiple  sports cards, like 200.

I wonder if its considered one listing and each sell is costed

Seems that would take a tone of time as well

I will look into inkfrog and see what i can do

Thank you

Terry / Morgan

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Only time I can sell ungraded sports cards is when they are worth some other seller having them graded and reselling.

I can sell ungraded non-sports cards but mine are usually 50-135 years old. And they do not bring what they once did because many collectors became collectors buying online and they trust the graders more than they trust Ebay sellers.

On the whole, I only list trading cards when I have nothing else to list or when I need a break from more serious efforts.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Anyone selling anything online for less than $10 is wasting their time. You are better off selling lots of cards or anything else for $20 minimum.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply