cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Old Indian War Documents

I have tried to read through the eBay policy on this and still not sure..

I recently cleaned old my grandfathers old barn that has been sitting for over 20 years since he passed.. I found some interesting things but I also found some original Indian war documents..

The document I am questioning is a " Declaration for survivor's pension " They are dated 1927 but relate to the survivor's of a Captain that died in the Indian War

It is a 15 page declaration for granting pensions to survivor's of certain wars and campaigns against Indians from 1817-1898

Other than names, there is no personal info on them

The law firm that drew up the paper work is of course no longer..

Question is, can they be sold?.. Or if I made copies of the original documents and sold them if that is even possible?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

We've sold things like antique deeds, so I imagine that's ok, it's not a military top secret type of document.  I don't think copies would sell, or be a good idea, but the original, yes.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Have you considered contacting any museums in your area?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I would avoid using the word Indian or Native American in the title or listing to avoid making the ebay robots mad.

Otherwise there would be no reason why you could not sell that document.

There would be no market for a copy of the original.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

My experience has been anything 'Native American' in any way shape or form will be scrutinized and subject to removal.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply