cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Native American Jewelry

I handmake Native American Jewelry, but I am not full Native American, no papers saying I'm Native American. But I am part Native American, Pomo a california indian. Can I sell my Jewelry in the  Ethnic, Regional & Tribal Categories?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You can find the rules here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/artifacts.html#what

The key snippet is this:

Under the Indian Arts and Crafts Act, any item described as Alaska Native, American Indian, or Native American must be made by an enrolled member of a state or federally recognized tribe or by someone certified as an Indian artisan by a recognized Indian tribe.
If you have questions, call the Indian Arts and Crafts Board (IACB) at 202-208-3773 or visit the IACB website.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you do not quality, describe your items as Southwestern style.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/artifacts.html

Items created by non-tribe members can be described as Alaska Native, American Indian, or Native American only if the seller meets both of these requirements:

• The artisan is certified by the governing body of a tribe.

• This information is included in the listing.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Well, there is a SouthWestern category there:

eBay>Jewelry & Watches>Ethnic, Regional & Tribal Jewelry>Southwestern Jewelry

Which makes no mention of being Native American.

As long as they list them as SouthWestern pieces, like the other non-Native American listings there.

fwiw,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You can use 'Southwestern' in your titles..many buyers use that keyword for their searches for tribal type jewelry.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 5
latest reply