cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Decline

Has anyone else noticed a decline in their selling activity since the new change with Ebay.  Prior to changing my buyer purchases were constant.  Now I barely get a bite!

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Selling Decline

@scipio757 

Not sure if it has anything to do with any changes lately?

I think it has more to do with the warmer weather and people that's been cooped up this last year are starting to get out more.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 40
latest reply

What new change do you think caused your sells to drop ?

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

@scipio757 wrote:

Has anyone else noticed a decline in their selling activity since the new change with Ebay.  Prior to changing my buyer purchases were constant.  Now I barely get a bite!

What "new change" are you referring to? 

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

Unsure what change you are referring to but my sales have been off a bit but I don't believe it has anything to do with eBay as much as it is people coming out from under the COVID situation due to the vaccine and the fact that it is spring, most places. 

There is also a lot going on this time of year in addition to people getting out more. Things such as graduations, taxes, moves/relocations (spring is the busiest time of year for moves), vacations etc. Also the housing market is crazy these days with the low interest rates and people are either re-financing, building, buying, expanding, remodeling.............  

I believe there is also a little bit of uncertainty about the political environment at the moment with the talk of tax increases, rising gas prices, etc. 

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

P % up.jpg

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

Mine have been steady, which is honestly a bit of a surprise considering I've hardly listed anything new over the past few months.  In my experience, the more I list, the more I sell, and when I stop listing for a while, my sales tend to go down. Not in this case, though.

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

Our sales are consistent, or a little better than expected.

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

Nope daily sales here per normal.

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

There is a significant decrease in sales since the spring update. Notice that new listings won't get views despite it coming up on search. I have found that promoted listings are also semi broken since they made changes to it in the update. Look at your promoted listings graft - if the impressions are sky high and your sales are near none that is the sign that something is wrong. Seller hub listings page view counts also...which don't match traffic graft or promoted listings stats. Ending the campaign and starting a new one doesn't solve it either. I had 2 different tickets made for tech support because even various depts reps said something isn't right but tech support is on perm vacation these days investing time in more doughnuts and coffee then working, and nothing was done. They did say that the new seller hub isn't the reason, but I haven't been changed over yet (it was suppose to be activated on my account today according to tech support - but it wasn't, still the old seller hub atm). Not sure what the issue(s) are but something is definitely wrong and it's nothing we can do about it. Sales will come in spurts of 3-4 right after one another (literally) then dead for 1-2 days and then it repeats same way. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 10 of 40
latest reply

since the new change with Ebay

You are referring to the new site changes, MP, Seller Hub, etc etc?  (recent site tweaking, etc)

If yes ~Yes we did for about 10-12 days in March.  When we ended google streaming to other sites with our e-Bay listings, our views, traffic and sales returned.  Still down from Feb, but as others have shared, so many lately on spring break, weather changed, economic climate, covid restrictions loosened in many States, etc.  Hard to really know, but we came to what seemed like a grinding halt with views/traffic, which translated to no sales.  Since about 3/14, things inched back and we finished a nice 1st quarter.  Jan much better than Dec, so go figure.  

We did have e-Bay re-fresh our store 2 times during the slow period - sorry, did not click on your listings to see if you have a store.  If you do, maybe try that also?  It is frustrating when things slow - never 100% why it does or how it gets back on track.  Good luck , hope it gets back on track soon.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 11 of 40
latest reply

My sales are not only down this month , but the page views are brutal and that with Top Promo on everything. Hope it picks up soon.......

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

my decline seems to be about listing.  I've listed a ton of items and I really do not care anymore.

If I lived in a great area for garage sales.....

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 13 of 40
latest reply

I looked at your listings and you have a lot of very nice items...you should sell them eventually. I'd rather have fewer items that are good quality than to list a bunch of junk.  😊

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

P % up.jpg

DUUUUUUDE!  1000%!   😮   Are you selling vials of the water of Lourdes?  The keys to the kingdom?

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 40
latest reply