cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers with the same product driving up the price on my auction?

Has anyone ever had an auction with multiple 0 feedback users driving up the price of their auction? The only reason I can think of is that I'm selling an item that is new and a few other people are also selling. I imagine they would want to drive up the price of my auction to steer people to their auctions. Or possibly get the winning bid only to back out and leave me sending second chance offers to people who probably already bought the item elsewhere. Or maybe they want to make me look suspicious?

I don't know how farfetched any of those scenarios would be, but I think it's strange. The bidders have zero feedback and no history and were created in 2023. Has anyone else seen something like this when you're selling?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Just list as fixed  price buy it now.  Many buyers don't want to wait for auctions to end anymore.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Could be sport bidders with nothing else to do but mess up peoples auctions.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You can cancel anyone's bid if you wish.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

obviously you are talking about another selling account, so hard to take a look to see the issue.  No evidence of such on this one.

Your 2  (0) feedback bidders backed out well below the selling price, and do not appear to be "sport bidders" as the have activity recently only with your listing.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

auction with multiple 0 feedback users

EBay hasn't really been an auction site for decades.

But because they are the only generalist site left that does offer the auction option, they do advertise that way to newbies and many who bought years ago have not kept up with changes to ecommerce.

You may be seeing multiple new buyers  or guest buyers who are nibble bidding your price up.

Since you seem to be getting reasonable prices on your auction listings, just don't worry about it. Your real competitors don't have enough time to find your auctions, never mind try to play you.

If you are getting Unpaid Items that goes with the Auctions. Those have 10 times the deadbeat buyers as Fixed Price.

Just open the UI dispute, give them a Strike, and relist.

Or as others have said list as Fixed Price/ Immediate Payment Required.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply