cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers please review your shipping settings. Intl shipping error still exists after 1.5 years...

We encountered this exact issue on 09/14/20 and now it's still happening.

Last night we received notice that "two of our listings are in violation of the VeRO Parallel Import Policy" for us selling them to the United Kingdom, when we are not authorized to sell there.

Here's the problem: In our shipping settings we have excluded United Kingdom (aside many other locations) and the exclusions are being ignored!

Here is an example of item# 282866114199 (if eBay still allows visibility as we have to end it soon to make sure we're not in violation):

zamozuan_0-1652294641851.png

zamozuan_1-1652294679256.png

As you could see, even though UK is on the exclusion list, it's still showing as "Ships To" and is NOT showing up on the "Excludes" list!

To make this issue even more frustrating, back in 9/14/20 when this happened, I had contacted eBay Customer Service and they were able to check our listings and view what we saw on our revise page, confirming the issue, and removed any potential penalties.

I was just told today that eBay Customer Service/Trust & Safety no longer has the capability to view our listings

Now the only way they can assist us is if they open a case to the tech team, and the tech team finds and confirms an issue. This will likely take longer than the 2 days we have before a penalty is given to us.

I don't exactly have much faith in that due to the fact that 1.5 years have passed and this error is still not fixed!

I'm not sure what else we can do. But eBay has effectively neutered the capabilities of customer service, and now we can't even get proper assistance.

So please beware, all sellers, check your shipping settings to make sure you're not encountering this issue as well and open to penalties that are out of your control!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Sellers please review your shipping settings. Intl shipping error still exists after 1.5 years..

Just to be clear - where are you editing the "excluded shipping locations"? Are you doing this on the listing itself, or on your account setting or business policies?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Sellers please review your shipping settings. Intl shipping error still exists after 1.5 years..

@zamo-zuan 

In addition, if you are using the global blocks in Site Preferences did you click the box to apply to existing listings? That listing you gave as an example was originally listed about 4 years ago and although it renewed monthly I don't think it would pick up any new exclusions unless it was actually ended and relisted.

Part of the issue may be that you had GSP enabled for that listing, I think that overrides your shipping exclusions although you CAN set GSP exclusions as well but I think maybe that is a different setting than the normal exclusions.

I'm thinking that if you remove GSP from that listing then your Site Preferences setting will work as you want.

If you have GSP enabled then even if your setting are to ship to the US only it will be overridden.

I could be wrong, I've never used GSP but it's worth trying by removing GSP from that listing (or a similar one since it's been ended).

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

Just to be clear - where are you editing the "excluded shipping locations"? Are you doing this on the listing itself, or on your account setting or business policies?

This is on the listing itself. Business policies was disabled on our account ever since 2020 as part of the diagnosis process of this issue, CS had me ensure the listing settings should indeed be what is used. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@zamo-zuan 

Did you do this.......

slippinjimmy_1-1652300099810.png

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@zamo-zuan 

In addition, if you are using the global blocks in Site Preferences did you click the box to apply to existing listings? That listing you gave as an example was originally listed about 4 years ago and although it renewed monthly I don't think it would pick up any new exclusions unless it was actually ended and relisted.

Part of the issue may be that you had GSP enabled for that listing, I think that overrides your shipping exclusions although you CAN set GSP exclusions as well but I think maybe that is a different setting than the normal exclusions.

I'm thinking that if you remove GSP from that listing then your Site Preferences setting will work as you want.

If you have GSP enabled then even if your setting are to ship to the US only it will be overridden.

I could be wrong, I've never used GSP but it's worth trying by removing GSP from that listing (or a similar one since it's been ended).

Yeah when we updated them in the past, we of course used the option to apply to existing listings. Of note: This, by the way, was another error we had with business policies. When business policies was active, if we attempted to apply to existing listings, eBay would ERROR. Once we disabled business policies, no more error.

Regarding GSP, according to the GSP documentation, this should not be the case:

zamozuan_0-1652300091873.png

It's quite frustrating that in the past in this situation, eBay told us not to worry, since they could see our options were set to something different than what was being displayed, we'd only be held to what we set in our listings ourselves. They confirmed that the exclusions should be applying to this listing and we did nothing wrong.

That whole process seems to be gone now, and we're reliant on the tech team... Which has traditionally not went well.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@zamo-zuan 

Did you do this.......

slippinjimmy_1-1652300099810.png

That's a completely separate GSP feature from the exclusions. That's where you choose international shipping options alongside the GSP and tailor which is used. And no, we don't use that.

Look in the second right above that one and you will find the one regarding exclusions, and the only setting that should be overriding exclusions.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Sorry, noticed a typo as I returned: "Look at the *section* right above that one"

Message 8 of 8
latest reply