cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller's name and contact nfo

Guys - did a search but found a thread that's incomplete

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Requesting-seller-information-after-purchase/td-p/33570550

After a purchase, can a buyer request all seller's information including full name & address? Ebay had a link in the past that allowed that

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I just looked at the order details that I have received and one that is in transit. Did not see the seller's full name & address.

Overall. I would say it is a good thing (if changed) that a buyer cannot see sellers' information just because they bought and paid for an item. This is probably set up to protect sellers. 

Side note is that every shipping package or even an envelope is required to have the return address information of the shipper let alone the buyer can contact the seller through eBay. 

Overall. I would say it is a good thing that the buyer cannot see sellers' information just because the bought and paid. and is probably set up for seller protection. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@iodlee wrote:

Guys - did a search but found a thread that's incomplete

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Requesting-seller-information-after-purchase/td-p/33570550

After a purchase, can a buyer request all seller's information including full name & address? Ebay had a link in the past that allowed that

Thanks

No. Buyers and sellers used to be able to do that years ago. Not any more.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/membertomember-contact-policy?id=4262

That information might be on the shipping label, in the return address. Some sellers use a business name and address, or a PO box.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@iodlee wrote:

I think so. What are the circumstances in this case? Certainly for a Local Pickup arrangement an address would be necessary, either the seller's place or a mutually agreed-upon alternate location.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Why would a buyer need the seller's full name and address?

If he wants to contact the seller, he can do it easily through the listing.

And, once he receives his purchase, he will see the seller's name and address.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Why would a buyer need the seller's full name and address?

If he wants to contact the seller, he can do it easily through the listing.

And, once he receives his purchase, he will see the seller's name and address.  

I was thinking along similar lines. It's just Local Pickup that would seem to require some method of conveying the seller's address to the buyer, for obvious reasons.

Aside from that, I would agree that I can't think of any particular reason why a buyer would need a seller's full name and address. (He'll most likely see it as the Return Address on the package anyway.)

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Have a feeling that eBay would prefer no contact between seller and buyer in order to avoid someone taking the transaction off eBay.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply