cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller locations....

Not sure why Ebay doesn't require/provide the sellers shipping location before buying/bidding. Not everyone wants to wait 2 or 3 weeks for an item to clear China.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Seller locations....

@antgri_2741 

If you click on their seller ID, it usually gives you the sellers location.  However, many of these sellers are not always honest with us.  Just sayin....

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

eBay does require sellers to post the location of their items.

eBay can't police whether or not it's correct, they rely on buyers reporting location misrepresentation. 
Also buyers need to check where the seller is registered, it will give you a clue. Example: seller is registered in China, item located in Florida....hmm...the seller is either drop shipping or lying about the location...when I see that I hit the back button and look elsewhere..... no brainer there. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I never buy from a seller when it tells me two to three weeks before arrival.

I know, you know and USPS knows they are slow.  eBay hasn't figured that out yet and does not properly reflect how long it will take to get an item.

But, if eBay is saying 2 - 3 weeks, you can bet the seller is in China or the item is coming from China.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It's there.  You have to be proactive and look for it. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Reading feedback can help. Sometimes a buyer will post something about where the seller is from.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It's right there on every listing page.  Right below your shipping settings on one of your items, I see this:

brightlightbookseller_0-1714576232518.png

Doesn't prevent people from lying, but buyers can report that and the seller can end up in big trouble, including being removed permanently from eBay, if they misrepresent the item location.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply