cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Standards Update: New seller evaluation timeline & Top Rated Plus badge changes

34 REPLIES 34

Seller Standards Update: New seller evaluation timeline & Top Rated Plus badge changes

This seems worse than ice cream IMO 😜
Message 2 of 35
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:
This seems worse than ice cream IMO 😜

Well, that made me laugh!  I could go for some ice cream... right about now...

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

I'm soooo confused.... what is this babbling about?

They have always done evals on the 20th.  Other than that what on earth are they babbling about and or changing not changing...

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 4 of 35
latest reply

What is "Service Metrics"?

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 5 of 35
latest reply

...just got an email from eBay about this and...barely understood...because had never paid attention before...

...but, why do I need that evaluation...?

...will I get any "free stuffs", discount in fees, or exemption from forcing in Managed Payment for being the best from the results of evaluation...?

..."non of the above", I guess...

...is it another "non-essential" thing on eBay...?

...just for a show...

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

Your evaluation period will now be based off your sales every 30 days. Your consequence will be the result of the previous months 30 days. In other words, the have devised a scheme to push more sellers into the red area so they can assess their sub-performance standards charge of 5%. 

They’ve also made it more difficult to get that extra 10% discount for Top Rated Plus by requiring free returns on shipping for international sales. 

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

@bbravo65 wrote:

...just got an email from eBay about this and...barely understood...because had never paid attention before...

...but, why do I need that evaluation...?

...will I get any "free stuffs", discount in fees, or exemption from forcing in Managed Payment for being the best from the results of evaluation...?

..."non of the above", I guess...

...is it another "non-essential" thing on eBay...?

...just for a show...

it evaluates your standing on ebay and that affects visbility and metrics. 

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

@dolcetreasures wrote:

Your evaluation period will now be based off your sales every 30 days. Your consequence will be the result of the previous months 30 days. In other words, the have devised a scheme to push more sellers into the red area so they can assess their sub-performance standards charge of 5%. 

They’ve also made it more difficult to get that extra 10% discount for Top Rated Plus by requiring free returns on shipping for international sales. 

@dolcetreasures 

No on both points you bring up.  You are still eval'd on the previous 12 months or 90 days, whichever is appropriate for your account.  The eval happens the 20th of the month for the period ending the previous month.  So on the 20th of May you will be eval'd for the period ending April 30th.  Under the current rules that eval takes affect immediately after the eval and is retroactive to the 1st of the month for any discounts or additional fees.

So starting July.  Your results of the eval on July 20th will take effect on August 1st.

The new policy is:

Currently, the consequences of your monthly Seller Performance Evaluation apply to listings from the same month as the evaluation. Starting in July, these consequences will apply to listings in the month after the evaluation.The transition to the new timelines will begin on the June 20 evaluation.

There will also be changes to the evaluation rules for earning the Top Rated Plus badge and discounts.

Seller Performance Evaluation timelines

• Seller Performance Evaluations on the 20th of the month will affect discounts or fees on transactions in the following month.
  • Top Rated Plus discounts for Top Rated Sellers will be applied to qualifying listings the month after evaluation.
  • Seller Below Standards Fees or Service metrics fees will be applied to qualifying listings the month after evaluation.
Top Rated Plus badge evaluation changes

From July, your domestic or international returns policy will be part of your Top Rated Plus badge evaluation. Discounts will be based on the country where the items are listed and the item location.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 35
latest reply

@cynthealee2 wrote:

What is "Service Metrics"?

The Service Metrics is a completely different thing.  And a crazy policy IMHO.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy/service-metrics-policy...

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

@dolcetreasures wrote:

Winner winner

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

@bar-29368 wrote:

@dolcetreasures wrote:

Winner winner

That is NOT what the email says.  I posted it above.

It also makes getting the TRS discount anymore difficult than it is today.  

@bar-29368 

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

@dolcetreasures wrote:

My understanding is that is for just if the item is not in the same location as the seller - i.e., seller in US and item in Hong Kong, say.  Not for sellers with their items in the same country location.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 35
latest reply

******************************General Comment***********************

If you aren't TRS in those other countries [which can be seen on your Seller Dashboard], you don't get the TRS discount even when they purchase from a TRS+ listings.  US  TRS sellers only get the discount on US buyers purchasing from one of their TRS+ listings.

The regions on the Dashboard are:

USA

UK, Ireland

Germany, Austria, Switzerland

Global

You can change your Seller Dashboard to any one of those regions to see if you qualify for TRS in those regions.

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

...still too dumb to understand...(sigh...😕)

...can everything be as simple as it could...???

...oh Lord...!!!🙄

Message 15 of 35
latest reply